• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Big Toroids For Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These have been sitting on the shelves too long now!

NICE pair of ToroidTech 1010va p/p toroids. These have Dual 0-100-120 Primaries and Four 36V secondaries. If you connect 120V to the 100V windings you get Four 45V secondaries. Or wire for Dual 70V, Dual 90V, 140VCT, 180VCT etc. These are about 6"x3" thick and have a glass cloth tape outer wind.

Would like $100 for the pair plus shipping. Might consider offers.

FOUR Powertronix 690Va Toroids. About the same size as above. Potted Core. 208V Primary and 120V secondary. If you connect 120V to the 208 Primary will produce 75V on the secondary. I connected a 100 watt lightbulb and the voltage only dropped 1 volt. pretty hefty units. Use all four of these for a BIG amp with regulation. almost 1400va in pairs.

Open to Offers. Would take $80 for all four plus shipping.

Open to possibly trades or partial trades. Looking for the following items,

.1uf 600V caps like Auricap, V-caps, etc. good stuff.
.22uf 600V same as above

8 amp 600V Hexfreds

250Vct Transformer(s) Would like a matching pair 100ma or better.

Pairs of 6SN7's

Pairs of 6CG7's

Zc

I also found 4 vary large Transformers that have dual primaries, dual secondaries that measure about 57vac each no load. these are at least 500-600va if not more. These are CI core low profile types.

Will sell these in pairs or all 4 $60 per pair or $100 for all 4 plus shipping

Still left

NICE pair of ToroidTech 1010va p/p toroids. These have Dual 0-100-120 Primaries and Four 36V secondaries. If you connect 120V to the 100V windings you get Four 45V secondaries. Or wire for Dual 70V, Dual 90V, 140VCT, 180VCT etc. These are about 6"x3" thick and have a glass cloth tape outer wind.

Would like $100 for the pair plus shipping. Might consider offers.

3 vary large Transformers that have dual primaries, dual secondaries that measure about 57vac each no load. these are at least 500-600va if not more. These are CI core low profile types. $60 per pair

Nice big fat Toroid from a Crest CA-4 amp. Measures 130Vct no load with the ac line set to 120V Made by Plitron. shielded, potted core. very very nice. This is probably 800va at a guess. the amp was rated 350 watts per channel.

The amp rails were +/- 90vdc at idle and 85vdc under load so this is probably rated for 120Vct under load.

You can have the chassis free with transformer purchase. would be willing to split and sell each individually.

2RU VERY thick heavy duty chassis. Probably 12guage steel at least. has circuit breaker switch and thermistor and soft start relay bypass on the front board. 2 level control pots, rear Input jacks etc.

transformer has internal resettable thermal switch and an additional LV winding. never measured that winding.

$40 for the transformer with or without chassis.
$10 for the chassis by itself.

All prices plus shipping.

Photos:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Zero Cool said:
I also found 4 vary large Transformers that have dual primaries, dual secondaries that measure about 57vac each no load. these are at least 500-600va if not more. These are CI core low profile types.

Will sell these in pairs or all 4 $60 per pair or $100 for all 4 plus shipping

CI core photos:

Tekko said:
Why did u trash the crest amp anyways ?

FIRE!!! the Crest CA and VS series is known to have bad capacitors. they leak and explode and the amps start on fire! this one charred a hole 4" in diameter of the 6x8" power supply board! Output modules are still good, and everything else was still good but the the power supply PCB was TOAST!

Zc

Hi,

Any idea if Crest got this problem resolved?

I have a CA4 with IIRC Cornell-Dubilier caps in it. This one has a fire damaged supply board and also some damage to the transformer outer insulation. The windings look good though. The hole in the board is just 1/2" inch though so I'm lucky... :xeye:

I also have a CA9 that has Philips caps in it. The caps look good but the right channel preamp board has major damage. The rear upper part of it is charred black, seems like there has been an arc to the case (metal looks a bit melted!) of the amp! I haven't taken it apart more yet, the output board on that side is covered in soot at least but might be ok.

Do you know if it's just the Cornell-Dubilier caps that are bad? Is it possible to get spare boards? (The preamp board that is for the CA9 amps and bigger)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.