• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Share: Remote Volume Control KIT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To make a remote volume control is only a dream of mine in 2 years before.But I made it today ^_^

As to traditional ALPS attenuators, I prefer R-2R type digital volume control,ont only for the convenience by remote control,but also the HI-END sound quality.
This volume controller has very low THD because firm resistors consist all the audio path,high quality relays,separated GND L & R, separated GND analog & digital and consideratly PCB routing.

Funtions:
4 sources selector, 64 step volume control , power up/down , mute on/off.
all these funtion can be remote by the remote handset

This KIT includs:
controller board based on P89S51,1602 LCD, main board build with DALE resistor and Panasonic TQ2 relay
remote handset,and all the connecting wire

Here is some pictures I took in the testment. It works great,and I just use common metal resistor,but it sounds better than the audio grade ALPS 27 attenuator!

I made 20 PCBs in total this time, so I want to share some of them on diyaudio. PAYPAL accepted
Drop me an email or PM if you interest in it, thank you all ^_^

best regards
Lu

Attachments

• dsc04746.jpg
    dsc04746.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 4,259
I'm interested but could I have some more information :

-> Are there source select on remote control ? How many source select ?
-> How many steps are on volume control ? What is the resistance (100K ?) ? Is it constant resistance ?
-> What displays the lcd ?

Seems a good project !

mgm31 said:
I'm interested but could I have some more information :

-> Are there source select on remote control ? How many source select ?
-> How many steps are on volume control ? What is the resistance (100K ?) ? Is it constant resistance ?
-> What displays the lcd ?

Seems a good project !

Hi mgm31,

Sources select can be control by both the remote handset and rotary encoder. 4 sources selectable.
There are two rotary encoder in the KIT, one = source select (rotate)+power on(push) , the other one = volume(rotate) + mute(push) . For the funtion power on/off and mute on/off, two additional relays must be added.
Volume control is 64 step, but the resistance is not a constant value, I use 10K and 20K resistors as R and 2R.
LCD displays the position ( 1-64 ) of volume and the source selected.

regards
Lu

Attachments

• dsc04753.jpg
    dsc04753.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 3,718
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.