• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Sony SS-M3 monitors in Los Angeles (local only!)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Have a pair of the SS-M3 monitors, which (despite being Sony) are built REALLY nicely. Have an Avalon Acoustics like multi-faceted front baffle, a trapezoidal shape from both axes (there are NO parallel walls on the entire speaker!), and are loaded with a very smooth sounding Peerless/Vifa woofer/tweeter combo.

Weigh 29 lbs. apiece, and are in the cherry birch flavor. These are serious speakers, built to compete with the big players. Acoustic suspension, and pretty well damped. Very natural bass response.

Reviews here:
http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/sony/floorstanding-speakers/ss-m3/PRD_126709_1594crx.aspx

These are the little brother to the SS-M7 and SS-M9, both highly reviewed. Has dual binding posts, and so can be bi-wired or bi-amped.

Asking $150 for the pair. They're in great shape.

The speakers would also be an EXCELLENT beginning to swap in a pair of really nice modern drivers (Seas Excel, Scan Speak Revelator, etc.) as the box is BEAUTIFUL. That's actually what I bought them for, but then realized that the woofer is 6" (I was planning on putting in an 8" that I already have...) and so these are for sale.

Let me know if you have any questions!
thanks,
-Tal

Attachments

• ss-m3.jpg
    ss-m3.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 262
also have a Carver ZR-1000 that would go GREAT with the speakers!

Have a Carver ZR-1000 that I had dealer modified with a quiet fan. Fan can also be disconnected completely, with most applications as the amp is pretty high-power, and won't need the cooling in a domestic situation.

Best amplifier I've ever owned. Previously had a Crown Macro Reference, then a pair of Class A Monarchy SM-70 running as bridged/balanced monoblocks. The Carver amp sounds like the Monarchy, but with power (the Monarchy were 70 watts into 8 ohms, the Carver is 225).

Wonderfully transparent sound, that is completely non-fatiguing, but with all the detail there. Really musical.

Can do the speakers AND the amp for $500, or the amp on it's own for $400. Have the original box and manual. It's a really great amp. Selling it as I'm switching to UCD400 based amplifiers...

thanks,
-Tal

Re: re: sacramento

taloyd said:
I have a local buyer, but if that falls through, then I frequently go up to the Bay Area. Next trip is the weekend of 10/10; if the buyer hasn't picked them up by then, and you can meet me in Oakland, they're yours.

Thanks,
-Tal

You've got a deal sir.

I used to live in Oakland, I'm there all the time.

Forgive me if I hope for the falling through of your local deal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.