|Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|28th August 2008, 07:56 PM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2004
John Curl Parasound HCA-2200 MKII $750
John Curl Designed Parasound HCA-2200 MKII Ultra High Current Power amp!
$750 or best offer. I have this listed on eBay and several other places. ebay Item number: 110283889384
John Curl has designed some of the best sounding amplifiers in the world and this one is no exception! The specs below speak for themselves! this thing is truly massive and the sound is simply amazing given good enough source components and speakers!
Balanced XLR and RCA Inputs and the amp can be run in Bridged Mono for even more power! Up to 1 Kilowatt of power in Bridged mode! (a pair of amps is then required for stereo operation)
The amp is in very good condition cosmetically. no major marks or scratches that i can find. This has been a hard amp to let go of. The amp has just been checked out from top to bottom. the speaker relays have been cleaned and a couple of weak solder joints for the XLR connectors have be redone.
I will also state that this amp needs a good clean outlet with a tight fitting receptacle. It is a heavy class A biased amplifier and will draw significant idle current from the wall until it warms up!! loose fitting plugs or old weak wiring just isn't going to cut it. you need good clean power to feed this amp!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME!!! I will be glad to talk to at length by phone about this amp. email me your number and i will call you and we can discuss your set up etc.
This amp is HEAVY Shipping is estimated at $60 to most US addresses. USA only shipping. this is way to heavy and expensive to risk.
Paypal only please!
Please review the specs below.
HCA-2200II ULTRA HIGH CURRENT AMPLIFIER. Our premiere amplifier created by legendary designer John Curl has been called by Stereophile,"...a benchmark product against which other amplifiers can be measured."
* Two independent 1200vA toroid power transformers
* Independent transformer windings for driver stage regulators
* Higher driver rail voltages and independent regulation to prevent sag
* 100,000uF computer-grade capacitors in power supply
* Multiple polystyrene bypass capacitors in power supply
* Cascode Class A input stages with matched J-FET pairs
* Hand picked Mosfets in high voltage driver stages
* 24 5OMhz, 15 ampere output transistors, B-matched complements
* Output transistors direct-coupled without inductors
* DC servo direct-coupled audio circuits with 0.3Hz rolloff
* Linear tracking, instantaneous acting DC servos
* Pure Class A operation up to >6 watts output; Class AB-1 thereafter
* Balanced input circuits, XLR connectors, separately switched
* Gold-plated metal structure RCA input jacks
* Multiple temperature sensors and silver-cadmium relay protection
* FR-4 glass epoxy circuit boards, outputs double clad for high current
* Dual mono circuit topology for superior separation past 20kHz
* Proprietary quick-settling bias circuits obviates warmup period
* Silver plated audiophile-grade wiring drivers to outputs
* Precision 1% tolerance Holco and Resista metal film resistors
* Continuous Power Output - Stereo
250 watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 8 Ω
385 watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 4 Ω
385 watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 2 Ω
* Continuous Power Output - Mono
750 watts RMS, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 8 Ω
1000 watts RMS, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 4 Ω
* Current Capacity
50 amperes continuous
90 amperes peak
* Slew Rate
* Frequency Response
2 Hz-95 kHz, +0/-1.5 dB
* Total Harmonic Distortion
< 0.05% at full power
< 0.009% typical levels
* IM Distortion
* Dynamic Headroom
* lnterchannel Crosstalk
> 84 dB at 1 kHz
> 74 dB at 20 kHz
* Input Impedance
100K Ω/RCA-unbalanced, 200K Ω/XLR-balanced
* S/N Ratio
> 114 dB, input shorted, IHF A weighted
* Damping Factor
> 1000 at 20 Hz
19" wide x 7" high x 15" deep
60 lbs. net
* AC Power Requirements
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to mod a parasound hca 2200 mk2 ?||Søren Kramer||Solid State||13||16th August 2013 06:40 AM|
|John Curl - Parasound amp Issue||Zero Cool||Solid State||11||20th August 2008 08:41 PM|
|FS: Parasound HCA-2200 MKII||Zero Cool||Swap Meet||3||22nd December 2007 09:15 PM|
|FS: Parasound PL/D1100 Preamp John Curl Designed||Zero Cool||Swap Meet||2||2nd November 2006 03:59 AM|
|Need Schematic for Parasound HCA 2200 II||mjctech||Solid State||2||15th September 2005 05:25 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|