• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Spendor D40 amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As in the title
... does anyone have a Spendor D40 integrated amp that I could buy?

Or know of someone with one that could be persuaded to part with it?

Failing that do you have one and would be willing to take some descent pictures of the inside for me?..I could attempt to build one.:xeye:

And before you all comment.. I know that it is an antique but I loved the one I had from new ( and foolishly traded in) and would like to reacquire one for old times sake.

JiPi said:
I have one in good condition but I want to keep it. The sound is great. If you still want picture of the inside let me know.

JiPi

Damn! :) ... so close and yet no cigar!

Detailed pictures of the inside would be very useful if you could manage them.I can send you my email address if /when you have the photos.
Many thanks for your offer,it is very kind of you.

I am still looking to buy one of these if anyone has one... dead or alive!

JiPi said:
HI Belgian Guy,

.... the BCIII are excellent speakers. Not for loud music though .....

JiPi

Hi,

They are BC1's (8"bass-mid/tweeter/supertweeter) with a 12"
bass unit tagged on, designed to do loud that a BC1 cannot.

b.jpg

:)/sreten.

Spendor D40 and BCIII

To Deadhead,

You are a little comic you Deadhead... I did not suggest that. What I think is that the BCIII would probably benefit from a more powerful and refine amplifier than the Spendor D40. That's all. Belgian Guy will decide...

JiPi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.