• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: ~15W SET transformers ~3k

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
G'day.

Probably a long shot, but if one never asks..... I'm after a pair of second hand single ended audio power output transformers for a E130L tube amplifier I'm collecting parts for.

$560 for a pair of new Hammonds from a local supplier is a bit steep.

I need a ~3k primary impedance (2700 min, 3500 ohms max.) and secondary taps for 4 and 8 ohms. Power rating approx 15W. Preferably a known brand type.

I guess overseas shipping would probably be prohibitive. If there is anyone here in Oz with a pair of said transformers surplus to their needs, send me an email :xfingers:

Cheers,
Glen

Hello from New Zealand,

I don't have the transformers you want but last week I recieved a pair of 25w UL push pull transformers 10k to 6 ohm from Electraprint. Shipping to New Zealand was by USPS Flat Rate box (~38USD). Total cost ~$250USD for a pair of custom wound transformers!

Compared to my Hammond and other NOS transformers I have, the Electraprint are better by a large margin. The Electraprint is -1dB at 5Hz and 65KHz at full power. Square wave response is near perfect at 20KHZ! For me the decision was easy.

Kind Regards
Andrew

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.