• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amplifier case / housing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have for sale a large amplifier case.

The case is 485mm wide, 530mm deep (excluding handles) and 230mm high.

I originally made this case for an RF amplifier, which to my horror I made too small. The power transformer manufacturer gave me incorrect dimensions of the core.

As you can appreciate, a tremendous amount of time, money and effort went into this case.

I have subsequently made a new case, so this one is no longer required.

The case is all aluminum, with a 3mm plate floor suspended by 10x10mm bars.
The front panel is a 6mm thick, 6000 grade. Its has been hand linished only, and will require a final polish (which I am happy to do)

To dress the case, the outer covers are 316 grade brushed stainless steel, which makes it look very classy. The edges are also rebated to allow for level mating.

As you can see in the photos, the fastening sockets and mounting receptacles to secure the side covers are not shown, but will be installed.

Furthermore, the central internal divider has not been screwed in, and can be moved and fastened to suit.

The case, according to my bathroom scales weighs 12 kg

Any reasonable offer accepted

Contact me to discuss.

Regards
George.

Attachments

• pic 1a.jpg
    pic 1a.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 346
stoolpigeon said:
Hi George,

I am interested but what are you thinking of as a reasonable offer?

I am in Sydney so freight may be difficult given the size.

Cheers, kang

Hi Kang.

Freight i can organise quite economically, as I have an account with TOLL.

Send me an email to:
george_vlahos @ghd.com.au

Leave your Pnone No an I will call you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.