• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Auto "For Sale" Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The "For Sale" Thread

Hi guys,

How would we (collectively) feel about posting Car Audio for sale items in ONE thread?

I've got a bunch of stuff that I'm planning on selling off and I think I'd rather give you guys a shot at it before wasting time with the Trading Post or posting it all on eBay. It would give us a place to post that is SPECIFICALLY for Car Audio related gear.

So... whadda you think?

smiles,
Jamie

A bunch of old school stuff: Sony Mobile ES, Audio Control, Boston Acoustics, MB Quart...

Some newer stuff: JL Audio, Behringer, Sony

Some broken stuff: Sony

Some test stuff: AudioControl spectrum analyzer, Oscope

I'm mostly checking to see if everyone's OK with doing it... if no one objects, I'll post the whole pile... into this ONE thread. I really don't want our forum to end up as a swappers paradise. ;)

FS: Old school and more...

An apology on the o'scope... turns out these aren't worth the metal they're made out of (on eBay they're going for something like $20 and shipping will be more than that) so I'm going to donate it to a local non-profit rather than stress about shipping it.

Prices do not include shipping from 94545. Feel free to make an offer... worst I could do is say no. If you'd like to check on me, my eBay handle is jpruden. Anything not sold in a week will go to eBay.

Audio Control SA-3050A
Spectrum analyzer with printer and battery options. Includes carrying case, manual, microphone, mic cable, short cable with alligator clips (for doing stuff with the high level input) Battery is worn out... replacement cells are about $30 (2 x $15).
$500

Behringer DSP8024
Everything but the kitchen sink processor. Read all about it here:
http://www.behringer.com/DSP8024/?lang=ENG
This has NEVER been hooked up to power. I bought it to integrate into my car system and got distracted for a few years... and now I'm selling it off.
$100

MB Quart QM 218.02 160 mm speakers
Brand new, never installed or even taken out of the box. SQ monsters...
$150

Sony MDX-C8970 Minidisk head unit
Brand new, in the original box.
$120

Sony MDX-C8900 Mobile ES Minidisk head unit (good condition)
Includes head unit, mounting cage, wired remote. Can control external Sony processors.
$80

Sony CDX-C910 Mobile ES CD head unit (good condition)
In original box with wired remote. Can control external Sony processors.
$150

Dynaudio MD140/2 midrange drivers (x2)
Purchased for a system that never happened... I bought them used. In original Dynaudio boxes
$200 for the pair

Dynaudio MW160 midbass drivers (x2)
Purchased for a system that never happened. Used for awhile as rear fill in my system... until I saw the light...
$200 for the pair

Dynaudio MD100 tweeters (x2, sort of)
Used for a long time in my car system. One of the tweeters was a little squished in the install and stopped working after a year. The other one works great. So, I'll send both tweeters in their original box, but I'll tell you ahead of time that one of them is not working...
$75 for the working one, broken one free with purchase of working one...

That's it for now... more later when I get it out of the garage. I know there's more Sony stuff out there... at least a couple of CD changers. I may list my current system. I have a JL Audio 10W6 out there somewhere along with an Alpine 12"R series sub in a Parts Express box. I also have a JL Audio 8.3 Microsub... or three 8W6 drivers...

Considering how much I spent on them just to keep them in my garage for all these years... yep, those prices are pretty good. ;)

The 910 did get some use, but I moved to an 880... and will soon install a C90.

I've only gotten one bite so far, so I guess this For Sale thread is pretty much a bust.

I would suggest ebay... but I got screwed on two amps I just sold. One sold for a little less than I paid (I had to repair it as well) and the ppi 2180am sold for $78. I paid more for that amp broken AND ordered parts for it and repaired it. That guy definately got a bargain. The sony 2252hx monster one ohm stable amp sold or fortysomething dollars, what a shame. From now on, I won't be buying them to repair and resell. :(

Guys. Try Craigslist if you have it in your area. i stopped selling on Ebay a while back because i was not making money and the fees were killing me. craigslist is great!!! i do major business and cashh money too. you don't have to have them come to your house if your worried about that you can meet at the nearest mall or supermarket.

from now on i buy on ebay and sell on craigs. only certain hard to sell items i'll sell on ebay to get a wider coverage of potential buyers. i have also gotten some grat deals buying on craiglist.

I have a pair of mint Zapco Z600C2s. One is still in the orginal box.

I have a mint black Linear Power 4.1.

I have a good shape titanium Linear Power 4.1.

I have 4 Linear Power fan shrouds.

I have a really good shape Nakamichi CD700II.

I have a pair of Scan Speak 23W 9" Revelators. Silver cones. One is new in box and the other has been mounted to a baffle and played for aboutt 30 minutes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.