• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lambda Servodrive Unity Kit for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2008
Bumping to the top as the auction ends in a couple hours.

I will be making the other horns I have available for compression driver use only. Currently I have about 10 pairs that could be assembled. They work from about 700Hz on up if memory serves me correctly and were + or - 3dB across the entire range on and off axis. I haven't measured one in about 6 or 7 years and all my plots have been lost so this is all from memory. I remember the tweeter raw output was somewhere around 6-10dB more at 1Khz than at 18Khz and it had a nice straight line between those 2 points. Once flattened with a simple 2 part circuit the power handling and distortion was incredible. I am not a horn person but this one won me and I listen to them in my workshop nearly everyday. Having a 15" driver that can do 4Khz nicely make them an easy pair to mate.

The horns are 38mm solid baltic birch with an aluminum mounting bracket on the back for the driver and the corners are filled in significantly. There are no plans to make your own as its a biach to cut all the compound angles (I had them CNC router made which cost quite a bit) and depending on how the fill is done changes the response between ~4Khz and ~10Khz. I imagine the price for a wooden pair would be approximately $500 in primer, no tweeter included. I have thoughts about making them in fiberglass as well for a cheaper version where sound quality was less important than weight (like pro sound cabinets vs home/studio) Problem is the weight of the tweeter on the back with that mounting bracket means it has to be a serious piece if its going to work. The wooden versions have no resonances that I could detect.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.