For Sale: Tube Amps, Class-A Amps, BG Ribbons, Chassis and Other Goodies! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th June 2008, 04:39 AM   #1
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default For Sale: Tube Amps, Class-A Amps, BG Ribbons, Chassis and Other Goodies!

Hi Everyone,

Well, the time has come for a truly giant tube amplifier project, so I need to sell off pretty much my entire audio inventory in order to raise money and make space for some DHT goodness.

I have quite a list of stuff, and I have pictures of everything, so it may take a few posts to get everything up.

All prices are negotiable, so send me a note if youíre interested in something. Buyer pays shipping with Canada Post. All items are located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I will ship anywhere in the world. Local pickup and payment is fine. I prefer Paypal for all payment, but I will consider a money order or cheque if you live in North America. Some of this stuff is heavy, and will be a little bit pricey to ship. Please check shipping rates yourself on www.canadapost.com. My postal code is K1L 8C2. All the weights are listed with the items.

All the best!

Owen
Old 18th June 2008, 04:40 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Dynaco ST-70: $550

Dynaco ST-70: $550

Fully functional, brand new electronics on a custom PCB, ready to use. Iíve had this thing for over 10 years now, and Iíve used it on and off and restored it twice now. The PCB uses two EF-86 pentodes for the voltage gain, a single ECC82 phase splitter, and then the classic EL-34 PP output stage. The rectifiers are a pair of 6DE4 damper diodes. Thereís a switch on the PCB for swapping between triode and pentode mode, and everything including the tube sockets and capacitors are on the PCB. All audiophile grade parts, like PRP resistors, Solen film (not metalized PP, but proper film) coupling caps, good silver mica pF caps and Panasonic PS caps. The ECC82 and the EF-86 tubes are brand new (10 hours use) and so are the 6DE4 rectifiers. The matched quad of EL34ís is getting old, and Iíd say they have about a ľ of their life left. Thereís independent bias setting for each tube, along with easy to access test points. The chassis isnít in the best condition, but most Dynaco amps arenít anymore. See pictures for details. 35lbs shipping weight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg for sale 004.jpg (86.7 KB, 855 views)
Old 18th June 2008, 04:42 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Picture 2

Here's another picture:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg for sale 005.jpg (86.3 KB, 767 views)
Old 18th June 2008, 04:45 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Picture 3

Here's a third picture:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg for sale 006.jpg (94.1 KB, 767 views)
Old 18th June 2008, 04:46 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

And finally, the bottom:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg for sale 007.jpg (98.1 KB, 720 views)
Old 18th June 2008, 04:47 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Miniature Custom ST-70: $225

Miniature Custom ST-70: $225

This custom made chassis was intended to look like a smaller version of the ST-70. It uses one 12AX7 per channel along with a PP pair of EL-84ís. The rectifier is a 5Y3GT. The output transformers and power transformer are from a Dynaco ST-35, so the OPTís alone are worth a good amount. There is also a Hammond 1.5 Henry choke. This was built on a Hammond aluminum chassis which has some minor tarnishing, and could use a good polish.

Uses all audiophile parts, like pure tin foil on oil Jensen coupling caps and Mills as well as Holco resistors. Power supply caps are ďNichicon Fine GoldĒ and are all mounted on a piece of veroboard. All other wiring is point to point. Now for the bad newsÖ the power transformer is dead. One of the windings is short, and I havenít taken to time to fix it up or even find out what is wrong with it. This amplifier is not in working condition, but with a new power transformer and some wiring, it would be. Capacitor board also needs to be mounted on stand-offs. All other parts are guaranteed working, and a schematic will be included. There are NO TUBES included with this unit. 18lbs shipping weight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg for sale 010.jpg (74.8 KB, 809 views)
Old 18th June 2008, 04:50 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Another picture:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg for sale 011.jpg (75.8 KB, 573 views)
Old 18th June 2008, 04:52 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

And one more:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg for sale 018.jpg (97.4 KB, 646 views)
Old 18th June 2008, 04:53 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default A-40 Solid State Class-A Amplifier (Nelson Pass Design): $200

A-40 Solid State Class-A Amplifier (Nelson Pass Design): $200

This is a pair of complete and working A-40 Class A monoblocks with huge heatsinks and a wood/aluminum chassis. Iím going to keep this brief since thereís a huge write-up on the passDIY website here:

http://www.passdiy.com/gallery/a40-p8.htm

These have been a favorite of mine for quite some time, and they really do sound incredibly good. The only flaw with these is a small hole in one of the wooden tops where I drilled the transformer mounting hole a little too deep. Itís hardly visible, and youíd have to point it out to someone in order for them to notice. Otherwise these a perfect and ready to roll! 50lbs shipping weight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg for sale 002.jpg (70.6 KB, 709 views)
Old 18th June 2008, 04:54 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Another picture:

Note: There balanced connection is not hooked up. SE only.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg for sale 003.jpg (68.3 KB, 692 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!