• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale: Tube Amps, Class-A Amps, BG Ribbons, Chassis and Other Goodies!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Everyone,

Well, the time has come for a truly giant tube amplifier project, so I need to sell off pretty much my entire audio inventory in order to raise money and make space for some DHT goodness.

I have quite a list of stuff, and I have pictures of everything, so it may take a few posts to get everything up.

All prices are negotiable, so send me a note if you’re interested in something. Buyer pays shipping with Canada Post. All items are located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I will ship anywhere in the world. Local pickup and payment is fine. I prefer Paypal for all payment, but I will consider a money order or cheque if you live in North America. Some of this stuff is heavy, and will be a little bit pricey to ship. Please check shipping rates yourself on www.canadapost.com. My postal code is K1L 8C2. All the weights are listed with the items.

All the best!

Owen

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Dynaco ST-70: $550

Dynaco ST-70: $550

Fully functional, brand new electronics on a custom PCB, ready to use. I’ve had this thing for over 10 years now, and I’ve used it on and off and restored it twice now. The PCB uses two EF-86 pentodes for the voltage gain, a single ECC82 phase splitter, and then the classic EL-34 PP output stage. The rectifiers are a pair of 6DE4 damper diodes. There’s a switch on the PCB for swapping between triode and pentode mode, and everything including the tube sockets and capacitors are on the PCB. All audiophile grade parts, like PRP resistors, Solen film (not metalized PP, but proper film) coupling caps, good silver mica pF caps and Panasonic PS caps. The ECC82 and the EF-86 tubes are brand new (10 hours use) and so are the 6DE4 rectifiers. The matched quad of EL34’s is getting old, and I’d say they have about a ¼ of their life left. There’s independent bias setting for each tube, along with easy to access test points. The chassis isn’t in the best condition, but most Dynaco amps aren’t anymore. See pictures for details. 35lbs shipping weight.

Attachments

• for sale 004.jpg
    for sale 004.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 979

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Miniature Custom ST-70: $225

Miniature Custom ST-70: $225

This custom made chassis was intended to look like a smaller version of the ST-70. It uses one 12AX7 per channel along with a PP pair of EL-84’s. The rectifier is a 5Y3GT. The output transformers and power transformer are from a Dynaco ST-35, so the OPT’s alone are worth a good amount. There is also a Hammond 1.5 Henry choke. This was built on a Hammond aluminum chassis which has some minor tarnishing, and could use a good polish.

Uses all audiophile parts, like pure tin foil on oil Jensen coupling caps and Mills as well as Holco resistors. Power supply caps are “Nichicon Fine Gold” and are all mounted on a piece of veroboard. All other wiring is point to point. Now for the bad news… the power transformer is dead. One of the windings is short, and I haven’t taken to time to fix it up or even find out what is wrong with it. This amplifier is not in working condition, but with a new power transformer and some wiring, it would be. Capacitor board also needs to be mounted on stand-offs. All other parts are guaranteed working, and a schematic will be included. There are NO TUBES included with this unit. 18lbs shipping weight.

Attachments

• for sale 010.jpg
    for sale 010.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 923

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
A-40 Solid State Class-A Amplifier (Nelson Pass Design): $200

A-40 Solid State Class-A Amplifier (Nelson Pass Design): $200

This is a pair of complete and working A-40 Class A monoblocks with huge heatsinks and a wood/aluminum chassis. I’m going to keep this brief since there’s a huge write-up on the passDIY website here:

http://www.passdiy.com/gallery/a40-p8.htm

These have been a favorite of mine for quite some time, and they really do sound incredibly good. The only flaw with these is a small hole in one of the wooden tops where I drilled the transformer mounting hole a little too deep. It’s hardly visible, and you’d have to point it out to someone in order for them to notice. Otherwise these a perfect and ready to roll! 50lbs shipping weight.

Attachments

• for sale 002.jpg
    for sale 002.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 794

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Bohlender Graebener Neo8-PDR’s – 1 pair: $75

Bohlender Graebener Neo8-PDR’s – 1 pair: $75

I bought a pair of these to make some computer speakers about a year ago. I took some measurements, listened to them briefly, and then put the whole project away because I already had two pairs of computer speakers.

They’re in like new condition, and ready to go. If you want the funky looking boxes, they’re all yours for no extra charge. These cost me 60 some dollars each at PE, so this is a gimme. 2lbs shipping weight, 15lbs with boxes.

Attachments

• for sale 001.jpg
    for sale 001.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 802

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Plitron 500VA Toroidal Power Transformers: $25 each

Plitron 500VA Toroidal Power Transformers: $25 each

I have two of these, and they’re oddballs. They were intended for 240V 50Hz, so when you run them on 120V 60Hz you get lower than usual secondary voltages. There are several taps though, so this isn’t a problem. You get two independent 19V windings, two independent 15V windings, and a single 5V winding. You can do 15-0-15AC, 19-0-19AC, or 34-0-34AC with an extra 5V to run logic or something. Both in great condition! 15lbs shipping weight each.

Attachments

• for sale 008.jpg
    for sale 008.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 730

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Phono Preamp “phonoclone”: $50

Phono Preamp “phonoclone”: $50

This is a custom op-amp based moving magnet phono preamp. I used this for a few years before I built the Aleph Ono I use now. It’s a great low noise design with excellent sound. The schematic is from this website:

http://www.platenspeler.com/diy/phono/uk_phonoclone_1.html

This comes with 4 OPA637 B grade (very expensive) op-amps. The supplies are triple regulated, and fully dual mono. I’m including a single power transformer which will run both channels perfectly. I originally had two separate power transformers, for full dual mono, but I used one in another project. All you need to do is solder in the input and output RCA connections (holes already on PCB) and you’re off to the races. This is a great little phono preamp! 2lbs shipping weight.

Attachments

• for sale 017.jpg
    for sale 017.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 751

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Alps 22 position 4 deck stepped switches: $20 each

Alps 22 position 4 deck stepped switches: $20 each

I bought two of these to make a 22 step balanced volume control, but I wound up making a relay based volume control instead. These are brand new, never been used or soldered. You could make a balanced stereo stepped attenuator with these, or a stereo single ended ladder type attenuator. All you need are the resistors! Knob is not included! 1lb shipping weight.

Attachments

• for sale 015.jpg
    for sale 015.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 765

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Balanced Zen Linestage PCB’s: $75

Balanced Zen Linestage PCB’s: $75

I’m using this exact PCB in my main preamplifier, and it’s extremely good. The boards are intended as a full preamp with microcontroller, display, relay volume control, input/output selector board and digital supply board, but I would suggest you just build the BZLS power supply and output stage and use it like that. I don’t have another microcontroller programmed for this, and you really need to know what you’re doing to make all this stuff work.

I WILL NOT support these boards in any manner other than supplying you with the full schematic and layout details. I have a PDF with all relevant info, and you’ll have to do the rest from there. If you can program, and you know your way around a circuit, you could have this fully functional in no time at all, but it’s too involved for me to do hand-holding. Just for reference, mine works perfectly, and all the features will work as intended if you setup the microcontroller correctly. Again, if you’re not self sufficient, and can’t work your way through this with a schematic and a layout, then please don’t buy these. 1 lb shipping weight.

Attachments

• for sale 016.jpg
    for sale 016.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 708

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Large Amplifier Chassis with Heatsinks: $30

Large Amplifier Chassis with Heatsinks: $30

This chassis is in alright condition, with the only defect being the holes drilled in the back plate for standard binding posts, RCA jacks, as well as a fuse and a power (IEC) connector. There are large heatsinks on either side for 4 TO-3 style transistors each. This originally housed my A-40 amplifier, but the heatsinks were too small to dump off the 140 watts per channel, so this has been empty ever since. Would make a great class AB amp chassis, or a smaller class A chassis. It has an aluminum front panel, aluminum heatsinks, steel top, bottom, and back. 12lbs shipping weight.

Attachments

• for sale 019.jpg
    for sale 019.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 698
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.