• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Half Complete DIY Project (SEAS Drivers, Speakons, Biamped)--Very Detailed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

This is my first DIY For Sale posting. I am a very stressed out PhD student trying to write my thesis and defend, and I simply never see this project being finished. I am in metro Atlanta. Email is: gtphill (a@t) yahoo (d0t) com.

Drivers:
On Aug 28, 2007 I purchased the following drivers from Madisound for a mini monitor project:

2x Seas ER18RNX (H1456) 6.5" Reed Paper Cone Woofer--$124.60 (my cost)
2x Seas 27TTFNC/GW (H1461) 1" Titanium dome tweeter--$143.00 (my cost)

Current Madisound (06/13/08) price for 2-ER18RNX is $155.10, and the tweeters are $178.10 for a pair. Drivers have been mounted in a box, but have never had any signal passed through them, and are in "like new" condition.

Amplifiers:
I also have two Crown Com-Tech 200 stereo amplifiers (was going to biamp these monitors). The Com-Tech is an install version of the Crown Micro Tech. This is a fanless amp with large transformer and bipolar output devices. These amps have been bench tested to clip, and had their bias and ODEP circuits re-adjusted to factory specifications.

Cabinets:
I purchased a set of used off-brand mini monitors from my local Guitar Center ($160 for the pair). I then gutted them for the cabinets. The cabinets are nothing fancy, just 3/4" MDF with quarter rounded corners and an offset tweeter. Both woofer and tweeter are flush mounted, and I made a felt diffraction plate to glue to each cabinet.

The monitors' original finish was a black catalyzed polyurethane (like Polane). I sanded this and sprayed each cabinet with two light coats of truck-bed liner, for a textured flat black finish. They definitely are NOT the most beautiful thing ever!

The original cheap hardware in the monitors was all wood screws. I replaced all the screws with T-Nuts and flat black hex head machine bolts. Drivers and ports are currently mounted in the cabinets.

Then, from Parts Express, I purchased the following ports and damping material, which were then mounted in the box:

Port Tube:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-387

Sonic Barrier Damping:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-530

I also have two locally purchased Speakon NL-4s for inputs from the amplifiers. I have two sets of inputs/outputs, as this project was originally going to have an external passive crossover box. These are not yet punched or mounted.

I also have many extra feet of Parts Express adhesive gasket foam.

Selling:
I will sell any, and all of the, above. Please feel to make me an offer on the whole lot, or on any little piece. I think the ideal purchaser would be interested in buying a DSP crossover, and learning about setting a biamped system; obviously someone with real woodworking skills might just want the drivers. I will piece it out however people are interested.

I don't have any pictures with me here today at Georgia Tech, but hopefully if you are still reading, you see that I have nothing to hide. The cabinets are clearly the weak link here, functional and very inert/dead, but nothing else.

I would hope to get $80 each for the amplifiers, plus shipping (they weigh 45lbs each).

As for the drivers and cabinets, make me an offer. You see my cost above, and in the case of the drivers you see what they cost today. Please remember the drivers have never had signal applied, and are "like new"

Email again is gtphill (a@t) yahoo (d0t) com. Please email me, rather then send a message here on the forum, as I do not get to read here much these days.

And, of course, If you have any questions, ask, and I will give the gory details!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.