WTB: 8 or 10" drivers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th June 2008, 06:03 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default WTB: 8 or 10" drivers

Hi,

Looking for a whole whack of 8" drivers to finish my theater speaker project. They'll be used in a 3 way crossed around 350hz to a scanspeak 15W. So if you have something that fits the bill let me know Looking to buy around 6 not looking for anything in particular but preferably something relatively high end, IE not partsexpress $.05 buyout woofers More Scanspeak woofers would be great, but anything from the usual suspects(vifa,seas,peerless etc) would be also be great!

Might also consider 10" drivers, but only if you're located in Canada otherwise shipping might be a tad expensive

Thanks for looking,
Tristan
Old 8th June 2008, 06:22 PM   #2
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Tristan,

You might want to have a look at q components in Ontario.

http://www.q-components.com/
Old 8th June 2008, 06:59 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default drivers

Hi--

I've got a pair of ARs. I'm not sure of the exact size; ARs have weird circumference, I think between 8 and 9"? If you're interested, let me know and I'll measure them. I need to get 120 for the pair.

Jeff
Old 9th June 2008, 01:01 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default oops

I meant Advent drivers
Old 11th June 2008, 02:41 PM   #5
jc2 is offline jc2
diyAudio Member

I have 4 Scan-Speak 21W/8555-01 woofers. I bought them over a period of time for a project that never got off the ground. None of them have ever been used
Old 11th June 2008, 04:36 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
You might want to have a look at q components in Ontario
Thanks for that Cal, i'd never heard of them before. I was just about to grab some Eminence drivers from parts express too and pay a bajillion dollars in shipping so it couldn't have come at a better time

Jeff, I'd probably be looking for something that was currently available as I do need about 4 for now, and then another 4 when the pocket book recovers down the road thanks for the offer though!

JC2, PM sent.

Thanks for the replies so far guys,
Tristan
Old 11th June 2008, 11:54 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I have a large number (16 I believe) of the Goldwood 8" woofers. Cast frame, rubber surround, poly cone, vented pole piece, ect. Even though they may not have the name they are extremely well built and sound amazing for they price. Just thought I would put that out there since you could buy all that you needed.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=290-324

Thanks
Dan

P.S. I am also trying to fund a sub project so am willing to trade for certain plate amps or subwoofers if you have them.

Hide this!Advertise here!