• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: 8 or 10" drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Looking for a whole whack of 8" drivers to finish my theater speaker project. They'll be used in a 3 way crossed around 350hz to a scanspeak 15W. So if you have something that fits the bill let me know:) Looking to buy around 6 not looking for anything in particular but preferably something relatively high end, IE not partsexpress $.05 buyout woofers;) More Scanspeak woofers would be great, but anything from the usual suspects(vifa,seas,peerless etc) would be also be great!

Might also consider 10" drivers, but only if you're located in Canada otherwise shipping might be a tad expensive:(

Thanks for looking,
Tristan

You might want to have a look at q components in Ontario

Thanks for that Cal, i'd never heard of them before. I was just about to grab some Eminence drivers from parts express too and pay a bajillion dollars in shipping so it couldn't have come at a better time;)

Jeff, I'd probably be looking for something that was currently available as I do need about 4 for now, and then another 4 when the pocket book recovers down the road:) thanks for the offer though!

JC2, PM sent.

Thanks for the replies so far guys,
Tristan

I have a large number (16 I believe) of the Goldwood 8" woofers. Cast frame, rubber surround, poly cone, vented pole piece, ect. Even though they may not have the name they are extremely well built and sound amazing for they price. Just thought I would put that out there since you could buy all that you needed.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=290-324

Thanks
Dan

P.S. I am also trying to fund a sub project so am willing to trade for certain plate amps or subwoofers if you have them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.