• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Speakers FS: 16pcs HiVi M8a 2pcs Vifa P25-WO-00-08

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, as the title suggests I have the following for sale:

16pcs HiVi M8a AUD $90/ea

If you do not know these drivers, they are VERY good drivers and can be used in an Orion Clone. 8" woofer Aluminium/Magnesium alloy one piece cone +/- 5.8mm linear xmax. These are all new in box and compare well to the $200+ Seas Excel series and in a ported box can be tuned really low - like 20Hz.....

I bought them for a top quality line array....too many projects....

2pcs Vifa P25-WO-00-08 AUD $120/ea

These are 10" woofers that were used in a badly implemented sub (6th order bandpass). The design did not work, thus the speakers are like new, installed, tested but never "used". They are very efficient (8 ohm, 91db/watt) reinforced poly cone, rubber surround etc. Excellent in 60-70 liter box tuned to 29Hz

Email me: graeme_bentink at yahoo.com

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Ok Just for interests sake I went to Madisounds website and calculated postage, for 4 drivers it's $US 43 so $10 per driver, package less than $AUD 1000- so no GST or import duty' lets say $US 54, with the Aussie dollar almost at parity that price is just a little high
USPS prices seem to be getting a little more realistic

OK, I hadn't checked the price at Madisound lately. I paid more than what I am asking, plus the X-rate has gone against me.

I can assure anyone that there is no way that Madisound would be happy with $12/driver for postage; they are very heavy drivers. I would expect at least $25/each which still makes my price high :-(

Anyway, it may be a mute point because I have *almost* decided I will use them in my Line source project as originally intended. I keep changing my mind which is why they were put up for sale in the first place.

At least the Vifa's are a bargain :)

So Steve, I guess you are chasing these drivers, hence the comments?

Cheers,

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
YEAH the North American "PESO" is beginning to make those wonderful US bass drivers start to look good, i've been thinking about some MAD 1259's or the big 15" DVC Titanic.
I like 16R drivers though as I do prefer to use multiple drivers and 4R seem to be much more common
Bent; USPS now do 22pound mass, flat rate boxes, thats new

I looked in to find the best of the HiVi drivers (well, actually the best value 8" is what I was looking for) and the M8a tested the lowest distortion. I wish I could remember who did the tests, it wasnt an easy find - many forum searches. The tests were comprehensive.

Basically the motor is quite good but the cone is terrific - I can vouch for that.

Originally the M8a retailed for $USD 92 in the US and people even then thought it great for the money.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.