FS: University 6201 12" coaxial drivers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th May 2008, 03:20 PM   #1
JoshK is offline JoshK  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default FS: University 6201 12" coaxial drivers

3x University 6201 12" alnico coaxial drivers $250 for all 3. Use the third for backup or center channel. These were being highly recommended by "drlowmu" on AA Hi-eff board.

They have a Lpad pot that comes with them but as far as other crossover parts, that is up to you.
Old 30th May 2008, 03:25 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Come'on your americans, spend those fiscal stimilus checks and do your part to support our sluggish economy!
Old 30th May 2008, 05:20 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Do your's all have the same sized HF horn lens? Is it the large (wide) format lens or the smaller (less wide) one?

Photos would be helpful.

Woud you consider parting with a single and that would leave you with a pair to sell to someone else? I have one only I am trying to find a mate for. Mine has the narrower horn lens.
On April 01,2012, my radioastronomy Project TARGET SETI search succeeded. The signal came via extradimensional subspace, not radio waves. I now get a lot of 'visitors'. I took my avatar pic of one friend watching me in my work yard from just 20 ft. away.
Old 15th June 2008, 11:57 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

First image....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg univ6201small1.jpg (95.8 KB, 733 views)
Old 15th June 2008, 11:58 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

back of driver...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg univdrivercan.jpg (92.5 KB, 723 views)
Old 20th June 2008, 04:40 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

pictures have been added for those who have asked for such.
Old 20th June 2008, 05:16 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Thanx Josh,

I was me who had an interest in a single 6201 that would match the small horn mouth version I have now. I have not had a chance to look at my driver in the cabinet downstairs and other serious matters (family) have come up which make a purchase and shipping costs impossible for me to manage for the time being. If you get a buyer before I reply again please do not hesitate to sell 'em.
On April 01,2012, my radioastronomy Project TARGET SETI search succeeded. The signal came via extradimensional subspace, not radio waves. I now get a lot of 'visitors'. I took my avatar pic of one friend watching me in my work yard from just 20 ft. away.
Old 30th June 2008, 04:56 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

still available
Old 21st July 2008, 09:05 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I got a chance to look at mine through the grille cloth. It is in a Karlson cabinet made in about 1959-1960, by a friend of my father. This fellow also made a nice Williamson amp using GEC KT66's. I have the amp and it is absolutely hum free and sounds quite good for a p-p amp.

Anyhow, the driver I have is the small horn version, the earlier offering of the 6201, I suspect. I have the original 1950's article in RadioElectronics news (IIRC the publication) introducing the Karlson design and I recall they recommended this as one of the appropriate drivers.

Sorry my situation has not improved as far as purchasing one, or better a matching pair from you. I don't think I'd use them anyhow, but I'd like a pair to try, otherwise how can I know.
Old 23rd July 2008, 08:27 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

No problem Bob. I'd sell you just the one if it mated with yours.

I'd be interested in seeing what your Karlson look like.

Hide this!Advertise here!