• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: University 6201 12" coaxial drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
3x University 6201 12" alnico coaxial drivers $250 for all 3. Use the third for backup or center channel. These were being highly recommended by "drlowmu" on AA Hi-eff board.

They have a Lpad pot that comes with them but as far as other crossover parts, that is up to you.

Do your's all have the same sized HF horn lens? Is it the large (wide) format lens or the smaller (less wide) one?

Photos would be helpful.

Woud you consider parting with a single and that would leave you with a pair to sell to someone else? I have one only I am trying to find a mate for. Mine has the narrower horn lens.

First image....

Attachments

• univ6201small1.jpg
    univ6201small1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 755
Thanx Josh,

I was me who had an interest in a single 6201 that would match the small horn mouth version I have now. I have not had a chance to look at my driver in the cabinet downstairs and other serious matters (family) have come up which make a purchase and shipping costs impossible for me to manage for the time being. If you get a buyer before I reply again please do not hesitate to sell 'em.

I got a chance to look at mine through the grille cloth. It is in a Karlson cabinet made in about 1959-1960, by a friend of my father. This fellow also made a nice Williamson amp using GEC KT66's. I have the amp and it is absolutely hum free and sounds quite good for a p-p amp.

Anyhow, the driver I have is the small horn version, the earlier offering of the 6201, I suspect. I have the original 1950's article in RadioElectronics news (IIRC the publication) introducing the Karlson design and I recall they recommended this as one of the appropriate drivers.

Sorry my situation has not improved as far as purchasing one, or better a matching pair from you. I don't think I'd use them anyhow, but I'd like a pair to try, otherwise how can I know. ;)

Bump.

I am poorer than totally broke. I also lost my HD (trying to back it up, go figure. :bawling: ) and the image processing software package that I had, along with absolutely everything else so I cannot send a trimmed down file size picture of my Karlson just now. The raw 500k+ images from my camera won't fit on this site.

All is not lost however. I am nearly finished scratch building a $100k replacement cost 40 horsepower wind turbine having spent the past two years on it. Even with no dough ray me my lights, electric heat and vacuum tube stereo amplifiers like my 805 SET, did I mention electric heat? :D , should be on. :smash:

Josh,

While they look like a great project, you haven't answered the question of whether they're matching types.

Also of curiousity would be their T/S parameters if you can measure, since AlNiCo demagging could make a pair of these useless (1 of them 3dB weaker)

With that information, I'd very likely be interested in a pair.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.