• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BIG heatsinks source!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
CHECK THIS OUT!! I found a guy on ebay that was selling heatsinks...BIG ONES and I ordered 6 for myself. WOW!! HUGE! they are 19" x 15.5" x 1.5" high. w/ all the fins my friend and I figured out the dissipation would be around 1900 sq. in. yielding about .2dC/watt.

Here's a couple of pics (sorry about the quality...had to get em below 100k). I ordered 2 boxes from this guy for $200 including shipping to here in the US. This was a total of 6 heatsinks. ($33 per sink including shipping) These yield more surface area than the R-theta sinks...though they are bigger (and look WAY cool).

the guy's email is:

coulomb@brentk.org

he takes paypal

just mention my name you're good!

-Matthew K. Olson

Attachments

• hs1.jpg
    hs1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,585
Ir you want pressure cast, beautifully made heatsinks, try this guy:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/mefinnis/files/conrad_hs_flatback.pdf

This reference shows you the shapes and dimensions, ledged heatsinks as well as flat backed, but you'll have to fax or email him at heatsinks@bigpond.com (not dead sure about this; I'll check when I'm home later tomorrow.)

I use these products, and they are remarkable. Well made, inexpensive, and more versatile than extruded products.

Cheers,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.