Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th April 2008, 05:23 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default TOA p-150d amp and 18" EV TL3512 So Cal

Sorry, I originally posted this in the wrong forum.

1st, I really, really don't want to ship it right now. The amp wouldn't be too difficult, but the subwoofer would need to be on a pallet and freighted.

I have a TOA P-150D amp in working condition. I can't test it properly because I don't have anything with a balanced output to hook up to it. It came from a movie theater that closed about 10 years ago, it was installed in about 95 or so. I just replaced the power cord, and dusted it, it powers on. I've had it plugged in and turned on for several hours now, just to make sure it doesnt' do anything weird. I played around with it a couple years ago and was able to power an EV 18 inch Extra low frequency cabinet that is also for sale now.

It's rated 220 x 2 at 4 ohms, or 440 x 1 at 8 ohms bridged. Nice massive transformer in the middle, dual mono configuration. It spent it's life running 2 18" EV subs in a large auditorium at a movie theater, I worked there when it was installed and worked there when the place closed. The 18 I have also came from the theater. Model TL3512 400 watts 8 ohms.

Neither is in pristine condition, they spent their lives under the screen at a theater.

I'm not sure what to ask, how about $300 for the pair or best offer or trade for??? If it's too high let me know. Didn't find either on ebay. Found an amp for sale in Britain for 120 pounds. No info on the TOA website, they have gone to amps with integrated mixers and PA stuff. Several sites offer the schematics for $20-30.

Come by with a balanced/unbalanced converter and we'll test it. I'm confident it's in good shape.

I'm in La Habra, CA (almost exactly 10 miles straight north of Disneyland)
562-858-3967
Old 27th April 2008, 07:50 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

If the prices are unrealistic, just point me in the right direction.

Eric
Old 27th April 2008, 09:36 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Did a little reading, found out I can run it with what I have. Running rca to 1/4" and hooked up a speaker. I think before I tried to run it using the xlr but wired the xlr connector wrong.

Anyways it works, not noisy. It's just a bare driver hooked up so I can't comment on the quality of the sound really.

Will ship the amp, not the subwoofer.
Old 8th October 2008, 07:49 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Anyone local interested? Make an offer or trade for something interesting. Really, REALLY want to sell these to make room in the garage.

Located in La Habra, CA 90631

Hide this!Advertise here!