• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hemp FR 8"ers $150/pr shipped

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These are unique early Hemp Acoustics drivers made before everybody started doing their own thing. They have the original NuTone designed cone material and shorting rings. The surrounds are tacky black stuff, like many vintage drivers. Because of that, the VAS is higher than the current production, and the Fs a little lower. I can't find the factory T/S measurements, but they're right about Fs 44, Qts .5, Vas 110L. The frequency response (I've had the graph of this exact pair, but again, I can't find it) is very similar to the graph published on the Hemp Tone site for their FR8. These have the magical midrange folks praise all of the Hemp iterations for. You could use them in many enclosure types, but I think these are the ultimate Hemps for JE Labs style Obs (though I haven’t tried it myself).

I broke them in and used them for a few months in both sealed and vented enclosures (around 1.8 cu ft, tuned really low when vented). They aren't cosmetically perfect (see the chipped powdercoat pic), but look awfully nice. The tacky surrounds also picked up some dust.

I've been holding onto these for a couple of years, but they deserve to be used. It'll be a long time before I have two big systems. Shipping is only included in the U.S., and maybe Canada (I'd have to check the rates.) If you are outside the U.S. the price will be $140+ actual shipping. Paypal is great, but I'll take a money order, or even a check if you are willing to wait until it clears.

Let me know if you have questions,

pj

Attachments

• hempfront.jpg
    hempfront.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 429
Alright guys, I replied to the first interested person. I always go in the order folks contact me.

Gary,

I preferred them in sealed cabs, but I had a sub at the time (big fun tube TL). Even sealed though, they provided decent bass in my room. As you'd expect, the excursion was less controlled in vented cabs, especially in my smaller, lower tuned enclosure. They gave me plenty of bass down to a little below 40hz, in room. I never used BSC on the sealed or vented enclosures. I used wide baffles, placed low, near the walls, and tilted back. It worked pretty well. Of course, the BIB is a whole 'nuther thing.

pj

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.