• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTT: EF804 (Tele) for EF86/6267

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have three NOS (original boxes are pretty dog-eared, but they ARE original boxes) Telefunken EF804 tubes.

I was thinking of using them in an amp design; however, I think it would be a better idea to use an EF86, because of its commonality with OTHER equipment I own (Eico HF22, Heathkit SP2, etc). So, I would like to trade, tube-for-tube, for some good EF86 or equivalents.

I know they're just about equivalent, from a functional sense... but I would prefer to have the same pin-out on all the amps... so, I would like to swap out my EF804s for a good set of EF86s. I would need something Philips-built... Amperex, Valvo, Mullard, etc. Don't NECESSARILY have to be NOS... as long as they TEST as new and are NOT MICROPHONIC.

If anyone is interested in this swap, please contact me. I know the EF804 is probably the better tube from a performance standpoint... but the EF86 is a known quantity for me, and I'd rather go that way...

Thanks!

Regards,
Gordon.

EF86/6267

If you still need the EF86's in exchange for EF804's, let me know.
I'm not in need of either inasmuch as I have lots of both, I'm just extending a "hand across the water" (well,...Land).
The only good thing about getting older is that I have an amazing amount of tube audio stuff (3000+ square feet to the 12' ceilings) which I loved enough the first time it was "cool" to haul it around with me all these years.
Peace,
DrRick

One is still available at this point... the person who inquired has let me know that they are, at this point, uncommitted, so it's still officially unclaimed.

As I will have posted elsewhere too- I am also willing to trade this last tube for a good-condition Western Electric 5842/417A... it doesn't have to be NOS, just test somewhere near new... that would be fine, too...

Thanks!

Regards,
Gordon.

Hey Gordon,
I've got tons of WECO 417A's. Send me your shipping addy.

GordonW said:
One is still available at this point... the person who inquired has let me know that they are, at this point, uncommitted, so it's still officially unclaimed.

As I will have posted elsewhere too- I am also willing to trade this last tube for a good-condition Western Electric 5842/417A... it doesn't have to be NOS, just test somewhere near new... that would be fine, too...

Thanks!

Regards,
Gordon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.