WTT: EF804 (Tele) for EF86/6267 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th April 2008, 12:27 PM   #1
GordonW is offline GordonW  United States
diyAudio Member

Default WTT: EF804 (Tele) for EF86/6267

I have three NOS (original boxes are pretty dog-eared, but they ARE original boxes) Telefunken EF804 tubes.

I was thinking of using them in an amp design; however, I think it would be a better idea to use an EF86, because of its commonality with OTHER equipment I own (Eico HF22, Heathkit SP2, etc). So, I would like to trade, tube-for-tube, for some good EF86 or equivalents.

I know they're just about equivalent, from a functional sense... but I would prefer to have the same pin-out on all the amps... so, I would like to swap out my EF804s for a good set of EF86s. I would need something Philips-built... Amperex, Valvo, Mullard, etc. Don't NECESSARILY have to be NOS... as long as they TEST as new and are NOT MICROPHONIC.

If anyone is interested in this swap, please contact me. I know the EF804 is probably the better tube from a performance standpoint... but the EF86 is a known quantity for me, and I'd rather go that way...

Thanks!

Regards,
Gordon.
Old 13th April 2008, 07:38 PM   #2
DrRick is offline DrRick  United States
diyAudio Member

Default EF86/6267

If you still need the EF86's in exchange for EF804's, let me know.
I'm not in need of either inasmuch as I have lots of both, I'm just extending a "hand across the water" (well,...Land).
The only good thing about getting older is that I have an amazing amount of tube audio stuff (3000+ square feet to the 12' ceilings) which I loved enough the first time it was "cool" to haul it around with me all these years.
Peace,
DrRick
Old 14th April 2008, 11:48 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Two spoken for... the third being inquired about but still available as of this point.

Thanks!

Regards,
Gordon
Old 15th April 2008, 01:59 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

One is still available at this point... the person who inquired has let me know that they are, at this point, uncommitted, so it's still officially unclaimed.

As I will have posted elsewhere too- I am also willing to trade this last tube for a good-condition Western Electric 5842/417A... it doesn't have to be NOS, just test somewhere near new... that would be fine, too...

Thanks!

Regards,
Gordon.
Old 16th April 2008, 08:50 AM   #5
DrRick is offline DrRick  United States
diyAudio Member

Hey Gordon,
I've got tons of WECO 417A's. Send me your shipping addy.

Quote:
Originally posted by GordonW
One is still available at this point... the person who inquired has let me know that they are, at this point, uncommitted, so it's still officially unclaimed.

As I will have posted elsewhere too- I am also willing to trade this last tube for a good-condition Western Electric 5842/417A... it doesn't have to be NOS, just test somewhere near new... that would be fine, too...

Thanks!

Regards,
Gordon.

Hide this!Advertise here!