• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: custom amp cases, the best you will find!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok, i'm finally officially selling my old amp cases. i have no need for them and they are just taking up room in my garage. these are the same ones from my avatar. i have two of them.

each one is setup for a 2-channel amp, but they are pretty big and you can fit a lot into them. i originally intended to use them for a 2 channel aleph 2 or aleph 3, but ended up using them for a 2 channel UCD400 amp. i had a 1.7kva transformer in each one (for sale as well), a 12v trigger circuit, the amps, a softstart circuit, anti hum circuit, and power supply, and still had room.

internal dimensions are: 14" x 9.75" x 7.75".

external dimensions are: 15.5 x 17" x 8".

the outer dimensions include the faceplate, but not the rubber feet, or the connections on the back.

there is a single hole in the case for the transformer (near the front), and everything i had mounted on the holes that hold the heatsinks on. the heatsinks are here:

http://www.aavidthermalloy.com/cgi-...gth=3&airflow=57.2&CType=Natural&AirUnits=LFM

each one is about 8" tall. and there are 4 sections total, so the C/W should be around 0.25 for the heatsinks. they are powdercoated though, so that insulates them a bit.

if you search for posts by me, you can find out all about these cases on here. there were built by a guy who does prototyping for the aerospace industry, and powdercoated by another guy who does custom motorcycles. the finish work is superb. the faceplates are bead-blasted and then clear matte powdercoated. these will hold up well over the years and are very difficult to damage.

i am asking $500 each. that includes the entire case, faceplate, and connectors on the back. each case has xlr, rca, speaker binding posts, ac input, 2 12v triggers, 12v trigger switch, and main power switch. of course you could use the holes for something else.

don't ask about the meters in the middle. :) you will need to figure out how to add a meter yourself. i didn't get that far. i have more pictures for interested parties. please only ask for pictures if you are interested, there are plenty of pics in the threads.

Attachments

• dsc02026.jpg
    dsc02026.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 2,284
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.