• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EnABL kit

I must tell you the the manufacturer of Floquil 404106 Clear Flat Finish is no longer making it available.

Testors has been contacted for their recommendation regarding an equivalent replacement.

They have responded that Model Masters Clear Flat Finish (sku4636) is a suitable replacement.

That will become the material offered as a replacement for Floquil 404106.

I will have it in stock in 5-7 days and can send kits at that time.

I've been occupied with other tasks. I'm back. For review of kit contents, they are:

1) type B nib holder
1) set, A-1 through A-5 Speedball pen nibs (5 nibs)
1) #99 Speedball pen nib
1 oz. Microscale MI-4 Gloss coat
1 oz. Model Masters Clear Flat Finish (sku4636)

The #99 Speedball pen tip is equivalent to the #56 listed in post #1

The Model Masters Clear Flat Finish replaces the 1/2 oz. Floquil which was discontinued. The price increase reflects the additional cost of the Model Masters and shipping from an additional source.

Cost to the United States is $30

Cost to all others is $32

If you find interesting electronic components in your travels and have some to share, I will barter.

Last edited:
Kits have been posted to Hajj, thunk303 & bigaudioscotto today.

This took longer than I had promised because my supplier let me find out about a back order when the package arrived. It took several more days to fill the shortage.

Lerg's kit will go out tomorrow.

jmsuter will have PM shortly.

I've been occupied with other tasks. I'm back. For review of kit contents, they are:

1) type B nib holder
1) set, A-1 through A-5 Speedball pen nibs (5 nibs)
1) #99 Speedball pen nib
1 oz. Microscale MI-4 Gloss coat
1 oz. Model Masters Clear Flat Finish (sku4636)

The #99 Speedball pen tip is equivalent to the #56 listed in post #1

The Model Masters Clear Flat Finish replaces the 1/2 oz. Floquil which was discontinued. The price increase reflects the additional cost of the Model Masters and shipping from an additional source.

Cost to the United States is $30

Cost to all others is $32

If you find interesting electronic components in your travels and have some to share, I will barter.

Would $32 include shipping cost to India?

And can I order for 3 oz. each of Microscale MI-4 Gloss coat and Model Masters Clear Flat Finish (sku4636) because I have plenty of speakers to Enabl but I won't need the pen and nibs to be repeated. In this case, what would be the cost? Thanks.

Samuel Jayaraj asked:

Would $32 include shipping cost to India?

And can I order for 3 oz. each of Microscale MI-4 Gloss coat and Model Masters Clear Flat Finish (sku4636) because I have plenty of speakers to Enabl but I won't need the pen and nibs to be repeated. In this case, what would be the cost?
A standard kit for $32 does include shipping. Adding more finish to the package will increase the weight. There would be a small upcharge for that.

You may order as much as you wish. Please understand the recent change to Model Masters Clear Flat Finish is an increase in quantity of 100% over what was being offered. This was driven by product packaging and availability, not need. Add to this the material is thinned with additional water to improve flow.

How many drivers do you anticipate treating? The acrylic may be split among several containers to preserve the "original" constitution and allow tempering to obtain a suitable consistency.

I don't think I have EnABL'd a great number of drivers. So, I'm still working from my original 1/2 ounce container, with enough material left for treating more drivers than I could ever imagine.

Sam will have pm.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
How many drivers do you anticipate treating? The acrylic may be split among several containers to preserve the "original" constitution and allow tempering to obtain a suitable consistency.

I find that small paint containers like those pictured really help things out. They are cheap (of these i had to buy one -- it was $1.25 at the dollar store and came with glitter paint).

A container of pollyscale will do at least a 100 of 4" drivers and proportionally fewer large drivers. And that is even when you consider that the majority gets on the paper towels as you clean things and the inevitable splillage (the little containers help there as you only spill part of a bottle)

You will go thru gloss a lot faster.

dave

Attachments

• Paint-container.jpg
    Paint-container.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 274