• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EnABL kit

I will no longer provide EnABL kits (Nov. 21, 2016)

Edited March 20, 2013 re: shipping charges The USPS rates changed in late January. I discovered this the hard way. International rates have ~ doubled.

I assemble and provide a "kit", intended for the installation of "EnABL" patterns on loudspeaker driver cones.

This kit will include the following:

1) Speedball type B nib holder
1) set, A-1 through A-5 Speedball pen nibs (5 nibs)
1) #99 Speedball pen nib
1 oz. Microscale MI-4 Gloss coat
1 oz. Model Master Acryl flat clear (stealth finish)

Mailed in a 6" x 9" bubble mailer. The liquids will be enclosed in their own zip-lock bag.

For the tidy sum of $30. Others (outside US) for $38 (this was $32 before the US Postal Service rate change in January, 2013)

Preferred payment method is by paypal. This has been underway since 2008.

You will need to source the brush of your choice to install the Gloss Coat & containers to dilute the finish to suitable viscosity for application.

Subject to change.

Last edited:
An option

GPaper.exe version 4.03

The link to download the routine is near the bottom of the page. In it you will need to select "polar paper", "36 divisions" and set the diameter just less than the set of blocks you want to install. By this, you can print a template to satisfy your whims.

The response has been great. This is a go. I'll contact you individually through forum e-mail to provide you with my contact info. I'll get the parts I need, begin assembling the kits & have them ready when your payment arrives.

Links to treated drivers

The posts subsequent to that one contain a gracious plenty of information for "how to".

The brush recommended by Bud is a 3/8" wide, flat form, sable haired "area coverage" water color brush. As there are many options for those (price points), I opted to leave that decision to you. I have seen them available at a variety of craft and "big box" stores.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: An option

Ed LaFontaine said:
The brush recommended by Bud is a 3/8" wide, flat form, sable haired "area coverage" water color brush. As there are many options for those (price points), I opted to leave that decision to you. I have seen them available at a variety of craft and "big box" stores.

For those in Canada, Michaels has a starter brush set for $9 that has a wide selection of good brushes. I use the blue handled ones for gloss & yellow handled ones for puzzle coat.

The others you can use for something else.

dave