• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EnABL kit

Hi vconsumer,

Kits will be available later this week when parts arrive. One of my favorite sources no longer carries both the Floquil and Micro Gloss...so I had to switch. This results in a kit cost increase to $30 within the US and $32 for all others.

I'll contact you with payment instruction by pm when all parts are in hand.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I find that it is useful to put the paint in little paint holders so that i can guage exactly how deep into the paint the tip goes.

With practise you learn how your tip/paint is behaving. Sometimes it won't flow off the tip, sometimes you get too much. Grow a long thumbnail to clean between the 2 "arms" of the tip. Have paper towel handy to wipe the tip. (as you work thru a bottle of paint, probably 2/3rds of it ends up on a paper towel or otherwise waste). How well the paint flows depends on the tips condition/cleanliness, weather, cone surface, and how viscous the paint it (alcohol & water can be used to thin the paint -- use sparingly). After use i wipe down my tips and store in a pool of alcohol (99% isopropanol -- cover to slow evaporation).

When you 1st start, sometimes the tip needs priming. Load it, find it won't flow, clean with a paper towel and start over.

dave