• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Welborne labs DRD300b (UK)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

for sale, my Welborne Labs 300B DRD monoblock amps:
http://www.welbornelabs.com/drd.htm

These were built a few years ago (transformers wired for 230V/50Hz) but have been in (dry well-packed) storage for 2 years since I switched from Lowther to Quad ESL speakers.

Much as I would like to hold on to these gorgeous amps, I am happy with the Quads so have no practical use for 8 watts of SET power :(

In excellent condition, these were constructed with the 'Ultimate upgrade' option so feature teflon/gold valve sockets and several Black gate caps.

Cost nearly 1000 quid after duty/VAT etc but as I am realistic about resale prospects for kits, asking £550 ovno

The input valves are fine (used 2000 hours of rated 10000) but the original TJ meshplates 300Bs were beginning to show a hint of noise, so I will include a new set of Valve Art 300Bs and 2 new sets of input valves as well.

Audition possible (on a rather mismatched setup as mentioned) and collection from Twickenham encouraged

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.