• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS ESP P101 Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I have a completed and working P-101 amp for consideration. Built exactly to spec, but with a lower voltage transformer to experiment into class A.

Anyway, I can replace the transformer to the spec'ed 40VAC to get the 350 wpc class AB as initially designed if requested.

Also considering selling just amp board and/or power supply without chassis (chassis alone cost me $190 from Italy - hifi2000 Dissipante 4U model)

A fine amp and recently upstaged by my new Krell Clone.

Pic to follow later

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Luke,

I have sent you an email. The boards work perfectly.

Is there a problem with the power supply that is causing that transistor or channel to blow?

This is preferred as I was looking to reuse the PS and chassis for a Zen Amp anyway...

John thanks for your mail. I think I will try and fix the channel, seems a waste to just pop in a new pair of boards. Im pre plug and play culture:)
I suspect that although my mosfets seem to test ok, they are the problem, it really cant be anything else cos Ive checked it so thoroughly. Wish me luck, BTW I bought my mosfets from diytech, nice service.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.