DAC4392 audio converter - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd February 2008, 10:01 PM   #1
Lucifix is offline Lucifix  Europe
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Lucifix Send a message via MSN to Lucifix Send a message via Yahoo to Lucifix
Default DAC4392 audio converter

This board provides 24 bit / 192 fs upsampling to any signal available at one of five inputs: USB, Optical, RCA, BNC or External I2S. Output format is I2S (64 fs bit clock). The board price is 149 Euros without shipping fee (up to 29 Euro but depends on your destination). See www.luckit.biz for details.

Click the image to open in full size.
"The Universe speaks in many languages but only one voice.[...]It speaks in the language of hope. It speaks in the language of trust. It speaks in the language of strength and the language of compassion. It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul. But always it is the same voice. It is the voice of our ancestors speaking through us and the voice of our inheritors waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one!" (G'Kar)
Old 22nd February 2008, 10:07 PM   #2
xaudiox is offline xaudiox  Philippines
diyAudio Member

looks good... can i know the price? thanks
Old 22nd February 2008, 10:15 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Lucifix Send a message via MSN to Lucifix Send a message via Yahoo to Lucifix
I've updated the post.
best regards
"The Universe speaks in many languages but only one voice.[...]It speaks in the language of hope. It speaks in the language of trust. It speaks in the language of strength and the language of compassion. It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul. But always it is the same voice. It is the voice of our ancestors speaking through us and the voice of our inheritors waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one!" (G'Kar)
Old 22nd February 2008, 11:32 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default DAC4392 Connections

This photo shows the physical board layout. You can connect five LEDs and one switch button to toggle between inputs. Last input is remembered in uC EEPROM and is selected as default at power-on. To power this board, a transformer with 8Vac/0.5A ac output is required.
  Also, I want to sell my DAC4392 test board (cleaned but used) along with one of this DACs: PCM1792A, PCM1794A, PCM1796 or PCM1798, both at 100 Euro - without shipping. I accept Western Union, Smith & Smith or Bank Transfers payments. Additional pictures available upon request.

Thanx!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 29th February 2008, 08:12 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Test board sold.
Old 20th March 2008, 10:20 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

PayPal services available, now with two affordable shipping options.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:53 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Behringer DCX2496

Hello
  In addition to a allready existed features, the I2S Output port can be slaved to DCX2496 or other external source. Sample rate range is from 16 fs to 192 fs (Master or Slave Mode). The Direct Down-Sampling option of the ASRC can be manually controlled through a jumper.
  Cheers!
Old 5th July 2008, 06:48 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Improved power supply:

...LT1086 as pre-regulator replacing LM350 chip, TL431B (0,5% output voltage tolerance) shunt regulators all over the board except TL1431 used at Master Clock PS, Linear Technology's 1,8V 20uVrms low noise reg for SRC4392 IC. I use 1% resistors, no exception! Some say that it sounds better
  Cheers!
Old 29th October 2008, 02:20 PM   #9
t. is offline t.  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

HI,

What would be the jumper settings to use this with a Buffalo dac using the Sabre chip?

Spdif input to DAC4392, DAC4392 I2S outputs to Buffalo I2S input
Would the Buffalo's onboard 80mhz XO be disconnected and the DAC4392 24.576mhz feed the buffalo direct?

What are the J4 and J6 headers?

Regards,
T.
Old 29th October 2008, 05:10 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
What would be the jumper settings to use this with a Buffalo dac using the Sabre chip?
  The DAC4392's I2S Output port must be used in Master Mode which also happens to be the default configuration. For that, the pins 3 and 4 from J3 header must be left unconnected (floating). Pins 5 and 6 from the same header are used to enable/disable the Direct Down-Sampling option of the decimation filter (for more details see SRC4392's datasheet at page 35). Pins 5 and 6 Unconnected = Direct Down-Sampling Filter is DISABLED. Also pins 7 and 8 toggles between 96 KHz and 192 KHz I2S output sample rate: unconnected = 192 fs, shorted = 96 fs sample rate.
Quote:
Would the Buffalo's onboard 80mhz XO be disconnected and the DAC4392 24.576mhz feed the buffalo direct?
Even if can work with 24.576 Mhz signal provided by DAC4392, I strongly suggest to use on-board 80Mhz crystal oscillator instead for better jitter rejection.
Quote:
What are the J4 and J6 headers?
J4 and J6 headers are used for flashing the uController and CPLD and are unused in normal operation.
  Best regards,
  Lucifix

Hide this!Advertise here!