• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Dayton HPSA500 500W Subwoofer Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SOLD --- Dayton HPSA500 500W Subwoofer Amp --- SOLD

For sale is a Dayton HPSA500 500Wsubwoofer amp used for testing/comparison purposes only.
Yes, I had to open and take a look inside... could not resist! :magnify:

As pictures show, this amp has not been mounted and it is in excellent condition.

Currently this model can be purchased new from Parts Express for ~$299 (plus shipping).

Asking $240 including shipping to continental US.

Thanks for your interest!

=============================================

Last edited:
dudaindc said:
For sale is a Dayton HPSA500 500Wsubwoofer amp used for testing/comparison purposes only.
Yes, I had to open and take a look inside... could not resist! :magnify:

As pictures show, this amp has not been mounted and it is in excellent condition.

Currently this model can be purchased new from Parts Express for ~$299 (plus shipping).

Asking $240 including shipping to continental US.

Thanks for your interest!

=============================================
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Any chance you'd like to share your opinion of this amp as far as your comparisions went?

Thanks,
Pete B.

Dayton plate amps

They actually work very well. I have the 500 and I also have the 1000 watt version. The 1000 is running a JL Audio 13w7 in a sealed box at 3 ohm and it rocks the walls ........... the 500 is running a Focal Utopia 38wx sub 4 ohm and the output is clean power but not rock the walls type...............

Re: Re: Dayton HPSA500 500W Subwoofer Amp

PB2 said:
Any chance you'd like to share your opinion of this amp as far as your comparisions went?

Thanks,
Pete B.

Sure Pete

I found these amps from Dayton to be one of the best bang-for-the-buck when it comes to DIY amps.

Both the HPSA500 and the HPSA1000 will likely satisfy most users.

I would recommend getting the 1000W version if possible version just for the additional headroom.

Good luck with your project! :up:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.