• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS/FT Scanspeak 8545 and 9700

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale or trade

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/pr...d=938&osCsid=28600ace3cbae6fc4969b9975f1446a3
18w/8545 woofers - used, in excellent shape $200 per pair shipped conus

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=913
d2905/9700 tweeters - used, in good condition, one has small crease in dome and some paint splatters. $175 per pair shipped conus.

Used in an Amish, but decided that this isn't the speaker for me. I also have built up xovers for the amish if your interested.

Looking for 15w/8530k-00 and xt25g30. I want to try the zd5

Some pics:

WARNING, I SUCK AT TAKING PICS!

This is the paint splattered and creased 9700. Splatters only on dome itself, dome has 3 slight creases in the shape of a triangle.

Attachments

• 9700sm.jpg
    9700sm.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 627
Xovers made w/Erse 14g inductors (in some cases unwound to correct inductance by Zalytron) except the 3.3mH which is 16g non Erse. Caps are Dayton 1% with Dayton 5% bypass caps. Most resistors are eagle w/a couple of cement cast 1 ohm ones as needed (no eagles at the time of ordering).

The sound of the Amish is very similar overall to the B&W cdm 1 se, but with better base extension.

rtenyes said:
For sale or trade

Used in an Amish, but decided that this isn't the speaker for me. I also have built up xovers for the amish if your interested.

Looking for 15w/8530k-00 and xt25g30. I want to try the zd5

Just curious, I own an pair of usher 8945 drivers(used as 2 ways), these are suppose to be a clone of 8545, I think 8545's are better, most users reported giving them good to excellent results, they are quite happy with them. I am happy with my 8945's. The 8545's are proven to be excellent performers, unless you want better bass, then 8531 is better.

8530 has low efficiency, I will think twice before building them, unless you have amp in excess of 100W/channel.

not quite sure what the question is, but...
I'm trying to replace an ancient pair of energy pro 22 speakers, but have yet to surpass them.
I really enjoyed the amish, but I like the energy's better overall.
I've got a diy aleph 5 amp and it has plenty of power for the less efficient 8530's.
I'd just like to try the zaph zd5's, but need to move 8545 and 9700's first.

rtenyes said:
not quite sure what the question is, but...
I'm trying to replace an ancient pair of energy pro 22 speakers, but have yet to surpass them.
I really enjoyed the amish, but I like the energy's better overall.
I've got a diy aleph 5 amp and it has plenty of power for the less efficient 8530's.
I'd just like to try the zaph zd5's, but need to move 8545 and 9700's first.

My post is to query whether your intended upgrade to new driver, 8530 will actually improve the sound you looking for(my educated guess see below *). My expertise of scanspeak is limited, I suggest you ask people like Troel, he would be able to advise you on that before you proceed. Maybe he may advise you on upgrade on 8545 by changing x-over.

* I believe drivers with similar made of cone, eg paper, or kelvar, etc will sound similar ie have certain character esp. they are from the same manuf., Scanspeak drivers are no different.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.