• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

8 Audio Technology C-Quenze drivers for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sounds like I'd better get back to Per, to see if he has that custom set in the production line up! I've been negligent on that front, as I don't want to spend too much of his time bothering him.

Potentially only one set of 15H driver left!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for the 15H drivers shipped to NY, they're 'in transit-on time' according to UPS's system. perhaps I sent the tracking # with an error. Not the first time it's happened. I will email it to you again.

Finally I got few pics of my new toys to play.
A little dusty but overall looks good.
Also I would prefer it packed like Troels described on his page
http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/shipping.htm
it won’t survive overseas shipping to Russia since speakers were not nail-fixed in the package. I ought to say thanks to UPS guys - they didn't abused this box too much.

Anyway, thank you very much, Ken! Very nice drivers indeed.

Attachments

• dscn0587_res.jpg
    dscn0587_res.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 642
These are aluminum, Shin. Al-lume-in-uhm. (h is silent)

In Brit, that's "Alle-Yue-min-Eee-um". According to the Brits, and they're likely right.. the rest of us are deluded and cannot speak the proper Queen's English.

As you can see in the third photo, the cone and surround are at the correct height, but the spyder is 'stressed'. The entire motional components of the motor are in this stressed condition. This is apparently correct and gives a tighter bass response in what they were designed for- which is a ported box. Even with that, if you go and look at the accel factor (#), it is insanely high. It gets 2/3rd's of the way to tweeter territory, which is ~1000.

I will hopefully get back to the two folks today - who voiced a desire for the two pair of 18H. They are of a similar design. I was out of town yesterday.

Shin, the 15H pair is still here and available.

Re: Any Audio Tech Driver left for sale?

francois28 said:
I just came across your posting. As it dates back to January, I was wondering whether you still have some of your AT drivers to sell. Thanks!

Francois

Hi Francois;

I have two pairs available for sale at this link: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1559941#post1559941 if you are interested. I would prefer to sell both pairs to the same buyer but I will split them up if you only need a pair.

Thanks,
John

Still got the three pairs of drivers left. I've been really busy, but I would really like to get chance to hear these speakers for once...with the correct drivers. They are serious contenders for 'best available-at any price'..so it would be nice to finish that experiment off.

Oddly enough, the price has gone UP..as these drivers are no longer carried by -anyone- in the US. Long story. The 18H are $250US each..and the last pair of 15H are... $210 each.

Thanks.

Cal's right. Both spellings are acceptable, though noone in the UK spells or calls it aluminum. Always Aluminium.

Nuclear, on the other hand is only spelt nuclear, and only pronounced nuclear, not nucular as many people seem to think (including a good few british people, but thats probably from hearing it on american TV shows :D). On the other hand, the English language is alive and evolving, so a strong argument can be made that the "correct" pronounciation is the one in most common usage at the time. Linguistics is interesting

wow. Two years later and I've still got two pair. The 18H52 1706 SD. Still the exact same as the ones that have their specs listed on the site. Those are the appropriate response curves for this driver.

$500 a pair. They'll have to be broken in a bit, they've been sitting for 2 years, stored vertically in a controlled environment. They were barely broken in when they were in use.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.