• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

High Power resistors for Son of Zen for sale Cheap!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there.

This is your chance for geting some expensive Aluminium clad wirewound resistors from Danotherm Cheap. I have the following values.

0.47 Ohm 25W

4.0 Ohm 50W

These walues are perfect for makinng anny version of the Son of Zen. Use 2 x 0.47 Ohm i paralel for the 3 1 Ohms resistors in each channel. Use 2 x 4.0 ohm in paralel for each of the four 8 ohms resistors in each chanel.

Price for for all resistors for two channels 12 x 0.47 Ohm 25W and 16 x 4.0 Ohms 50 w, is 60 US dollar including world wide shipping.
This will make for a 15 - 17 w wersion af the Son of Zen.

If this is not enough use 8 x 4.0 Ohm is series/paralel to make each of the four 8 ohms resistors in each channel. Use the same 2 x 0.47 Ohm resistors to make the 3 1.0 Ohms resistors in each channel. This might seem like a silly setup, but spreding the heat out on a larger surface is a mighty good thing when you have to dissipate this much power.

Price for all the resistors for two channels 12 x 0.47 Ohm 25W and 64 x 4.0 Ohms 50 w, is 160 US dollar including world wide shipping. This will make for a 50 w + version af the Son of Zen if you can find the heat sinks ;)

I have acces to a reather large stock of these resistors so there should be enough for several amps. However stock is NOT unlimmited at these prices, so order fast if you want to be sure to get some. I would say that these prices are at lease half of the current market price, and then you have to consider shipping and VAT. I accept Moeny order/western union Cash in registred mail and Paypal. NO checks and NO COD.

Thanks Peter. To contact me for ordering use Hifibent@hotmail.com

Picture

Here is a picture of the 50 W resistor

Attachments

• danotherm.png
    danotherm.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 97
Hi again

Just a thought.

The 50W resistors can disipate 20W without aditional heatsinks! This means that by using 8 i paralel/series for making one 8 ohm resistor the disipation is 160W without heatsinks! A 15 - 20W version should be posible depending how hot you will accept the resistors to be. This means thsi if the resistors were mounted in free air you could make a Son of Zen without bying aditional heatsinks except for the mosfet, but the disipation here is no problem. The resistors are specified to tolerate 160 C degrees. so at 100 C degrees the disiation should be around 100W. enough for 20W power. Has this approach been used before?

Just a thought.

Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.