• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Sony SCD-XB770 For Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I've further revised the listing, and slightly reduced the price. The opening bid is not a whole lot higher than what I paid for the Tent Clock module I installed in my custom clock board.

The unit has some mods, and is greatly improved over the stock player, but as I said it is not great, and I don't know how great it could be with further mods. Still its cheap - might get it for much less than an OPPO 980 with some care.

At the minimum I would upgrade power supply caps and improve the digital supply bypassing as is done on many of the more expensive Sony SACD players.

This unit does not have S-TACT or the fancy rbcd digital filter, but the DSD stream can be tapped as in more expensive models and shoved through an LPF to get the analog output without going through another DAC.

I would consider a trade for something of reasonably equal value, up until the point that the unit gets a bid - so if anyone is interested just contact me directly.

The link to the eBay auction is in the previous message.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.