• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Very RARE (limited) PCM63P-K2 and PCM63P-Y

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm offering this very rare and hard to find components with the fair price and this very limited also! NEW UNUSED (virgin) as usual first come, first serve! I sale it as pairs only!! Mail me for further info, thanks a lot for looking :cool:

PCM63P-K2 US$125/pair

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

PCM63P-Y US$135/pair

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Payapal accepted, or any money transfer you preffered, plus shipping, while stocks last.

all the best,
a'af

http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/pcm63.html#pricingpackaging

According to info i got about this "K2" and "Y" this one are only just made in Japan, nor Korea, Taiwan or Philipines.

And the "Y" seems never seen in consumer product.
Only ever heard, this one is only using in studio mastering decks, likes Sony and Yamaha (profesional product)

If you wanna try this out, here is the link of another member who finalized this out:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116664

and here also another foto of the chip i can got:

PCM63P-Y

PCM63P-K2

PCM63P-K

Believe me this chips, are hard to find and a very good DAC ever built, and the price are raise even in a every single day on market, grab it while still you can with the fair price.

PCM63P-Y.....for US$135 pair
PCM63P-K2...for US$125 pair
PCM63P-K.....for US$ 75 pair

please contact me first for availability, thanks for looking.

all the best,
a'af

What I see on your pics makes me very curious and a little suspicious :xeye:
At least K and K2 are device grade markings. They are unknown at the moment of engraving the device name on the package. Grade mark is put after the device final test in production and therefore looks different than the device name marking and is placed aside, normally at the farther right side of the package.
Your DACs are grade marked together with the device name that is nonsence - they would have not known the grade before to test the DAC and they engrave the name before the final test that normally finds out the grade :D

...and K2 as far as I know are only made in KOREA, not in Japan as on your picture :whazzat:

pcm063-1.jpg

New batch commin, same price as before, PM (email) me if interesting, thanks

all the best,
a'af

Why you so sure this is a fake, it works and have a good sound.

even the PCM63P-Y where IY buy from me and he said is good, he also said this fake :(

look at this

The following pics are what we called once the FAKE PCM63 chips!! http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/show...048#post1366048

this is I for sure he got from me, look its 2003 according to BB lot number.

so all chips are fake... but have a good sounds?

and do you think someone would make a fake chips for a very low demand and only works in audio application within the era of '90

all the best,
a'af

Yes A'AF, we have always been fair which each other. This is not going to be changed.

Look, I have often pointed out that even the not-genuine-pair of "Y"s that I have got from you SOUNDS very good. My second or third best “Y” pair.

The point here is that several diyers (includes myself) did found out sometime, that all the chips that were made after 2003 are not genuine BB. This means that several of them may also not sound good - which is also my experience.

I also mentioned once, that whenever a chip that I got from you was not good, you took it back. Gentlemen agreement. I always appreciate it! But, then there was a lot of "going on", includes anger etc. by some other diy members here, mainly about this topic & the fake chips = no genuine.

Never I said that you faked them yourself! People here know by now that I always been fair. What is now happening, is that there is a mix of chips which you are suggesting people here to purchase: Some of them are genuine BB (the picture in Post #5), while the others don't look genuine.

All needed is that you will clarify with your supplier the sources for your chips. That's all. Please come back to us with a clear answer to this, ok?

Greetings,

IJ

To be fair, I post here a original Y chip from a Yamaha set.

Look carefully on the font type, relative size, position, ink thickness, ink color, text relative position etc... I find that the picture in Post #5 still have many differences from the chip I have in the Yamaha set.

Everyone should have their own judgement.

Attachments

• pcm63p-y.jpg
    pcm63p-y.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 709
Remark

Spencer,

Also to be fair: Please look at this picture (attachment): It has been also taken from some Yamaha Digital device.

As one can see, there are 2x PCM63P-Y inside. For me, they does look like a'af's picture - I mean the one in his Post #5 above. Isn't it?

Greetings,

IJ.

Attachments

• yamaha pro audio.jpg
    yamaha pro audio.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 680
IJ,

Your Yamaha chip looks very similar to mine (even the pic is very small).

There are many points that I do not like for the pic in post #5:
1. Japan, the J is different font, top do not have "-".
2. The "3" for the original is with a centre line at the middle. The one on Post #5 is with smaller circle on the top of "3".
3. The "6"and "9"is also different a bit on the tail ending.
4. The "Y"mark is using same type of ink. Very unlikely.
5. The "BB" in the BOX also not aligned to the centre. The gap of the BB on top and bottom is not evenly positioned.
6. The font and ink is too thick, I never see that in all my Japan chips (over 100 pcs that I have sold).
7. The surface (finishing) of the chip is rough a bit on top for original part, it is due to molding. For fake part, normally the surface is very smooth.
8. Due to rough surface, the original part with the marking is also rough when a high resolution picture is taken.
9. One more thing, most of Japan part is with one mold number "48"on the bottom, there are other two numbers but quite rare.

Please examine carefully and you will see what I mean by the ink color, font, text, texture, thickness etc... We do not need a expert here but most of the fake marking is not done too well. If they can do so well, they should go and print Money!

Sorry, when I first look at the pic in post #5, I cannot accept the part is original part, just too many questionable differences.

Spencer

Indeed

Thank you Spencer for the excellent & detailed examination of the pics. This also means that our dear a'af will have to come back here quite soon, with an explanation – indeed for all the above pictured chips (posts # 2,3,4,5...).

What remains still open is the other question: How come few of the so called FAKE chips can still sound very good. I have such a "Y" pair (only 1); I remember Herb having 1x excellent “Y” Chip like this; I think that also Paul got at the time some chips from a’af (Ks? Ys?) that are still working. Other diyers here?

If I am not wrong, Bernhard wrote once something challanging about it: If it is FAKE but still sounds good, why not using it?

Good question, isn't it?

Practically speaking, one should at least know that most of the FAKE chips simply doesn’t sound. Some of them also doesn’t work at all. A hard work matching them, etc.

May be - a matter of pure luck by the manufactory (or "manufactory"?).

Warmly,

IJ.

One of the possiblity is that the chips are re-marked from PCM63P or PK chips. Since those P chips are never sorted and thus some of them (depending on the yield of the wafer and assembly process) will actually a very good chip without being sorted out by the process. Some of the K chip may be just grade as K but actually the perfromance of it may be even better.

Remember the grading is just check the minimum performance of a chip.

Remember the intel CPU story of clock speed and later they has to lock up the ratio so that user cannot overclock it!

One more point is that there is no demand on P chips today and thus there is not much selling in the market. The question is that where are those Ps go to and there should be hell lots of them in the second hand market! I don't seems to see them very often!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.