• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tripath TA2020 4 Channel Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
This was my first foray into Tripaths (after the Sonic Impact mod)

I found an individual who was working for a Video Game Kiosk company that were test prototyping 6 channel Tripath TA2020 amp boards .

He had about 20 of these six channel amp boards and I bought quite a few of them. This particular board had two channels in protect mode (1/2 output) and I used the working 4 channels to build this amp. Sound has that Tripath sound and the TA2020 is a 20wpc.

Could use a few more mods.

I have installed a LM350 Voltage reg to bring the 19VDC 3.2A Laptop Power Supply to a usable 13VDC. The LM350 allows up to 5A, while the lesser LM317 was limited to 1.5A.

Has a pop upon startup and pop on shutdown due to the 10,000uF cap installed on the power leads to the board.

All encased in a nice Hammond enclosure - bottom of enclosure is a bit hacked up from a previous botched job.

Anyway, $85 plus shipping takes her...

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 611
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.