• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tripath 5 Channel TA3020 Amp Board with Power Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Tripath TA3020 5 channel Amp Board

I need to make room for the next project, so up she goes...

There are extensive mods for these boards listed here and this one has NO MODS DONE - completely stock.

I am keeping the tranny at the moment.

Best offer gets her.

Attachments

• ta3020.jpg
    ta3020.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 634
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I have completed the Overload Resistor mod (won't shut down on a 4 ohm speaker load), and replaced the crappy 2.2uF electrolytic input caps with nice Bennic 2.2uF Polypropylene caps.

How's $80 + shipping?

Just like having 5 UCD180 amp and power supply modules...Just add your toroid...

Attachments

• ta3020a.jpg
    ta3020a.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 467
Joined 2005
Paid Member
With 60V rails, 300 wpc@ 4ohms.

The 500 - 600VA toroid that came with the unit has 5 wires - 84VCT and 7v-0 on the main plug (gets you +/-58V rails and the required 10V) and there are two smaller plugs on the toroid , only one of which is need to run the amp board - I beleive its 5v-gnd-gnd-12v. I will have to check right quick on this.

The third plug off the toroid onto the PS board powers another section - preamp or DAC? and not required to get the amp board running.

I believe the only voltages needed are main rails (+/-35V to +/-65V), a 10V and a 5V, i think they both need to be reference to main rails.

From the TA3020 datasheet (google it for full copy)

GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The TA3020 is a two-channel, 300W (4Ω) per channel Amplifier Driver IC that uses Tripath’s proprietary Digital
Power Processing (DPPTM) technology. Class-T amplifiers offer both the audio fidelity of Class-AB and the
power efficiency of Class-D amplifiers.
APPLICATIONS
Audio/Video Amplifiers & Receivers
Pro-audio Amplifiers
Automobile Power Amplifiers
Subwoofer Amplifiers
B E N E F I T S
Reduced system cost with smaller/less
expensive power supply and heat sink
Signal fidelity equal to high quality Class-
AB amplifiers
High dynamic range compatible with
digital media such as CD and DVD
FEATURES
Class-T architecture
Proprietary Digital Power Processing technology
“Audiophile” Sound Quality
0.02% THD+N @ 50W, 8Ω
0.03% IHF-IM @ 30W, 8Ω
High Efficiency
95% @ 150W @ 8Ω
90% @ 275W @ 4Ω
Supports wide range of output power levels
Up to 300W/channel (4Ω), single-ended outputs
Up to 1000W (4Ω), bridged outputs
Output over-current protection
Over- and under-voltage protection
Thermally Enhanced 48-pin DIP (dual-inline
package

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.