• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB, cabinet for Fostex FE207E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just bought a pair from a fellow member here. Since I only have simple wood crafting tool that can only do straight cut and have limited woodwork experience, I would like to check to see any fellow members that have suitable speaker cabinets sitting collecting dust before buying new tools and enter a new adventure. Ideally this is local (SF Bay Area) to me so that I can avoid shipping heavy stuffs. Or, if you have the tools to help me to cut the front round openning, I will be happy to bring you a nice 12 pack of your choice :)

Thanks!!

I don't know if you are married to the Fostex's or excellent full range drivers. If it is the latter i have a pair of Transmission line cabinets that are designed to take Jordan JX92's considered by many to be one of the full range drivers on the market today.
The cabinets were built my me using Finn ply (better for damping than MDF) and gorgeously finished with a high gloss automotive finish.
Use the link below and then click on audio project and then on JX92 to see images of the finished cabinets:
http://web.mac.com/noteldov

The cabinets are currently in storage in my garage in San Francisco so we could do a local pickup.

Send me an email if you are interested

Hi Neil,

Your builds are top notch!!

I wish I could use your cabinet for the Fostex, but they are 8" and probably too big for your cabinet's openning. FWIW, this is my first venture into FR which I have been itching for awhile. I bought the Fostex because that's what I found in trading post when I was in the "got to do it" mood, not that it had to be Fostex :) I certainly would love to have the Lowthers, but the wallet disagreed :whazzat:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.