• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Speakers for sale, huge, custom built!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These speakers were build by a church A/V guy as a gift for his pastor. He brought them to the pastor's house, hooked them up, and presented them. Unfortunately, the pastors wife said they were way too big and they had to go immediately. So, he gave them to a neighbor, who them passed them onto a friend. Now I have them and they are much too big for my living room.

They have little metal plaqes on them that say "Golden Harp Audio prototype, Model JS-1812. One of them also has a plaque with a verse from 1 Kings.

So, if you want some unique speakers with an interesting story that sound great, let me know! I'm asking $1500 for them.

Specs:
51" H x 14" W x 16" D

1" Vifa tweeter
8" kevlar midrange (brand unknown since they are sealed in for some reason.
11" woofer, (brand unknown since there are foam pieces glued on the back of the magnets.)

They are ported at the bottom front. Take banana plugs, not bi-wireable. Max wattage unknown. tweeter is 6 ohm, so may be 6 ohm all the way. The finish is unique, kind of hard to describe. Light off-white/beige with a little texture.

I am in the DC metro area, and am unwilling to ship!

Attachments

• 000_0010sm3.jpg
    000_0010sm3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 611
theozoa said:
unique speakers with an interesting story that sound great, let me know!

Maybe interesting but lacking in detail. Per example, what did the pastor's wife think of the bass? Were they no good with church music?

Seeing they started off as a gift how was the $1500 reached? Did everyone mark them up gradually starting from the pastor or did you save them all the trouble?

sorry, not sure of their worth..

I don't really know their worth. They are very well built and solid. I will take reasonable offers.

I doubt the woofer is Goldwood when the tweeter and midrange are high quality. I just don't know though, I guess I could pop the foam off the back and find out.

Monster Cable used throughout, btw.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.