Speakers for sale, huge, custom built! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th November 2007, 02:44 AM   #1
theozoa is offline theozoa  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Speakers for sale, huge, custom built!

These speakers were build by a church A/V guy as a gift for his pastor. He brought them to the pastor's house, hooked them up, and presented them. Unfortunately, the pastors wife said they were way too big and they had to go immediately. So, he gave them to a neighbor, who them passed them onto a friend. Now I have them and they are much too big for my living room.

They have little metal plaqes on them that say "Golden Harp Audio prototype, Model JS-1812. One of them also has a plaque with a verse from 1 Kings.

So, if you want some unique speakers with an interesting story that sound great, let me know! I'm asking $1500 for them.

Specs:
51" H x 14" W x 16" D

1" Vifa tweeter
8" kevlar midrange (brand unknown since they are sealed in for some reason.
11" woofer, (brand unknown since there are foam pieces glued on the back of the magnets.)

They are ported at the bottom front. Take banana plugs, not bi-wireable. Max wattage unknown. tweeter is 6 ohm, so may be 6 ohm all the way. The finish is unique, kind of hard to describe. Light off-white/beige with a little texture.

I am in the DC metro area, and am unwilling to ship!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0010sm3.jpg (87.9 KB, 595 views)
Old 7th November 2007, 06:12 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Speakers for sale, huge, custom built!

Quote:
Originally posted by theozoa
unique speakers with an interesting story that sound great, let me know!

Maybe interesting but lacking in detail. Per example, what did the pastor's wife think of the bass? Were they no good with church music?

Seeing they started off as a gift how was the $1500 reached? Did everyone mark them up gradually starting from the pastor or did you save them all the trouble?
Old 7th November 2007, 11:42 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Spasticteapot
That looks like a rather standard D25 tweeter, and if I'm not mistaken, a Goldwood woofer.

$1500 is a bit much to ask, perhaps?
Old 7th November 2007, 01:36 PM   #4
theozoa is offline theozoa  United States
diyAudio Member

Default sorry, not sure of their worth..

I don't really know their worth. They are very well built and solid. I will take reasonable offers.

I doubt the woofer is Goldwood when the tweeter and midrange are high quality. I just don't know though, I guess I could pop the foam off the back and find out.

Monster Cable used throughout, btw.
Old 7th November 2007, 06:09 PM   #5
adason is offline adason  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, the pastors wife said they were way too big and they had to go immediately.
If my gf would said that, she would go immediately.
Old 8th November 2007, 03:17 AM   #6
gengis is offline gengis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, the pastors wife said they were way too big and they had to go immediately.

If my gf would said that, she would go immediately.
I got that comment a lot; but Bigness induce the pleasure, the pastor's wife must the a pettie woman.

Hide this!Advertise here!