• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Proceed PCD CD Player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

I have a first generation Proceed PCD player which has ceased to read CDs. The unit is ancient (perhaps 17 years old) but in very fine cosmetic condition and includes both the remote and manual. I have the original shipping box, but have not checked its condition. Someone with some experience with CD players can undoubtedly fix and update this odd-looking unit; I don't and have already replaced it. It originally sold for about $1800. Offer me $50 and I'll include shipping in the continental U.S. (or pick up the first $20 or so in shipping elsewhere).

Regards,
Scott

Joined 2004
Paid Member
cscmc1 and Nanook:

Thanks for the interest, but I have received a small flood of emails before you. The person who is first in line to buy the PCD has first dibs. I was surprised by the number of people who lived far outside of the US who wanted to buy an old, broken CD player; in some cases, it seemed that the cost of shipping would be more than the expense of a new, working unit. Go figure.

In any event, if the current buyer fails to act, I'll get in touch with people in order of inquiry.

To everyone, thank you!

Regards,
Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.