• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: DIR9001 to CS8412 converter board

Spencer or anyone else,

I replaced the CS8414 in a DAC (CS4329) with this DIR9001 board. When I connect my digital source the output of the DAC is heavily distorted. I can get the distortion to go away by lowering the source level by around 8dB.

Why does the source need attenuated when using the DIR9001? Does it have anything to do with the CS4319 being 20-bit and my source being 24-bit?

Thanks

Hi there............

I purchased one of these boards last Spring- and I now want to install it in my GCD-750 which uses the CS-8412.

I have attached a schematic.

Can anybody tell me whether or not I can do this before I go hacking into my player??

What settings do I need for the jumpers??

Thanks

Attachments

• gcd5ssp.pdf
    53.1 KB · Views: 126
See details of the converter board here.
http://www.fetaudio.com/?p=176

Since it is not 100% fully compatible, you need to ensure you can handle the modification before you want to buy this. Of course I also heard of many success stories in the past.

Only assembly board is available now as I encounter some has problem in soldering the kits.

Price is $29 including shipping and paypal charges to worldwide.

Spencer