• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: DIR9001 to CS8412 converter board

Hi Spancer,

attach below is the schematic.
Please do let me know whether it fit to my DAc or not.

Thanks

Eddy Lim

Attachments

• 1541 tube dac 2.gif
    1541 tube dac 2.gif
    58.8 KB · Views: 957
Eddy,

I have a 1541 DAC and I shall try on mine first before I can say OK or not. Please wait as I am having holidays till Jan 7 now.

Your DAC has simple input circuit and direct couple to 1541 DAC chip and should have higher chance BUT I really cannot gurantee 100% successful rate.

Those who has used ok on Thomas' 1541 DAC may share their experience here first. Thank you.

Spencer

As promised, here is the photo how 9001 converter board is used in the TDA1541 DAC.

Notes:
1. The input of the DAC only used a pulse 1:1 transformer couple from the SPDIF signal.
2. 256fs and I2S output mode of the 9001 is used.

Jumper setting are:
J1/J2/J3 short
J4 and J5 open

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 1541_set_s.jpg
    1541_set_s.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 801
spencer said:
As promised, here is the photo how 9001 converter board is used in the TDA1541 DAC.

Notes:
1. The input of the DAC only used a pulse 1:1 transformer couple from the SPDIF signal.
2. 256fs and I2S output mode of the 9001 is used.

Jumper setting are:
J1/J2/J3 short
J4 and J5 open

Enjoy!

Hi Spencer,
I see that the DAC board also has a SAA7220 digital filter.
Does the SAA perform a format conversion or the IIS signal can go (non-os) straight to the TDA?

Cheers

Andrea

spencer said:
Andrea,

The SAA7220 is used as a 4x oversample digital filter. Without SAA7220, it is NOS. I use SAA7220 because I use jfet IV (similar to pass D1 IV) so that there is less noise if I use 4x over sample. Or best 8x over sample digital filter.

Spencer

Spencer,
thanks for the reply. Did you try runnung the DAC without the SAA7220?

Cheers

Andrea