• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Matched FETS for F3, F4, Aleph-X, etc...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Landoctor said:
Exactly. I don't know if you've ever tried to match FETS, but it takes quite a large amount to come up with closely matched sets.
Straight out of the tube, the closest I've had a set of 5 was ~90mv. the average is ~150-180mv. So you would need to buy way more than you need to get matched sets for your amps.
I can offer matched sets because I buy 500 FETS at a time. When you have that many, it isn't too hard to come up with very closely matched sets.
Thanks,
Donovan

The fact that you run this as business is something to be discussed elsewhere (and trust me it will be), but don't talk :bs:

I have matched more fets than most around here ever will, and it is simply not true that you can't match your fets yourself, without having to buy very many, or end up with lots of single fets that don't match.

Out of a tube of 25, you will end up with maximun 2 or 3 that does not fit in, and those are fine for the CCS.

Around here IRFP240 is around 1.5$ and I'm sure they ship worldwide.

Magura :)

Nobody ever said you couldn't match FETs yourself. How many people do you think are actually going to buy a whole tube of FETs to build an amp? Not very many if you are honest with yourself.

How closely matched are you talking when you say a tube of 25 gets you only 2 or 3 that don't fit in?!?! Not ANYWHERE near what I am trying to match to. I have told numerous customers of mine that Nelson recommends matching to .2v and .1 "if you can", but people still want extremely closely matched sets.

Do you really think people don't appreciate the service offered here? Do you wind your own transformers for everything???? Shti, wire and cores are CHEAP! Why would you ever consider buying a ready made model????

I am not a business, I started doing this so I could afford to stay in this hobby after having our son. Do you really think this is making serious money and letting me live a lavish lifestyle?!?!?

It seems if you are not in the "circle of friends" here, you are immediately shot down. I have worked my butt off to make sure people got the matching they asked for with immediate shipping and have received great feedback from my customers stating that they were very happy with the service. There are always seems to be the naysayers that can't let anyone else make a difference or provide a service without making it a national affair.

Thanks for your help with this. I'm sure you saved a bunch of people from getting "taken" with some close matched, quick shipped FETs.

Thanks,
Donovan

Dear Landoctor:

I'm going to build an Aleph J. I understand that I will need 2 pairs of IRFP240 per channel. I would like to have another extra 2 pairs as spares. Can you please let me know the cost of these 6 pairs of matched IRFP240 together with their shipping costs to Bangkok, Thailand?

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.