Sell or Swap Thorens TD-165 & Kenwood KD500 turntables (B.C.) (and other stuff) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th October 2007, 01:18 AM   #1
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Sell or Swap Thorens TD-165 & Kenwood KD500 turntables (B.C.) (and other stuff)

I'm open to reasonable offers either or both of these turntables. I'd prefer to not ship them. I'm located on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, but will be in Vancouver in the next two weeks, so you could check them out at my hotel or I could deliver them (within reason). I'll consider trades for other audio gear or parts, laserdiscs, or DVDs.

The Thorens TD-165 comes with owners manual and stylus alignment gauge. There's scuffs on the cover, some scrapes where the platter has touched the deck, and the metal cover plate on the headshell (that hides the screws) is bent. I haven't run it for a while, so the belt may be toast by now. It wasn't very good at switching between 33 and 45; maybe a better belt would fix that, or tweaking the belt shift arm thing.

The KD-500 currently has an SME arm which I'd prefer to keep. There's some problem with the speed control; it doesn't seem to lock up solidly. I think there's some marks on the fake marble base. It has the cover, which probably isn't cracked.

I haven't given up on vinyl; shortly after I bought the Thorens I got an AR and found that it had a better suspension. I picked up the Kenwood mainly for the SME arm.

The other stuff:

Dynaco graphic equalizer. Pretty decent shape. Has all knobs. Works; sliders probably could use some lube, but I've never put any gunk in them. Details on request.

Rockford-Fosgate 10" car sub; comes with particle board box if you want Not much use. Might be an RFP-1810

Radio Shack/Linnaeum tweeters (the retail dipole style)... something like 4 or 6 of 'em. I was planning to make ssurround speakers, but when the Shack put the LX5 on sale for $40 I went with those instead.

Marantz 7T preamp. Comes with owners manual, schematic, and original test certificate. Not perfect; various scratches on case, has probably been repaired in the past, but has all the knobs.

Traynor Bassmaster with matching speaker cabinet.

Old 20th October 2007, 02:01 AM   #2
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Oh yeah... there's that gigantic Hewlett-Packard distortion analyzer. It uses tubes. I forget the model number, but I'm reasonably sure that I ordered a service manual for it from Tucker. And I think the lowest distortion reading was something like 0.1%. Will look impressive on your test bench, or could be turned into a small fridge or used to transport a cat or small dog.

There's also a 1953 vintage DIY mono power amplifier and preamp set. The amp has an Acrosound TO-300 output transformer, and KT-66 tubes. It's been a while since I plugged it in; it tended to hum for a while until the caps reformed, then was OK. Comes with schematics. I didn't build this, but I met the gentleman that did.
Old 20th October 2007, 02:08 AM   #3
Zedguy is offline Zedguy  Canada
diyAudio Member

Dangus,

Your e-mail is turned off. I'd like to get a hold of you.
Old 20th October 2007, 05:49 AM   #4
lpd is offline lpd  Canada
diyAudio Member

I'm interested in the Traynor Bassmaster. Please contact Peter at mbeka@shaw.ca

I live in Greater Vancouver BC.
Old 20th October 2007, 06:12 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Spasticteapot
I'd like the Linaeums. Please contact me at my E-mail address, which is spasticteapot@gmail.com
Old 20th October 2007, 06:37 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to krazyclocks
Where are you on Island ?
Interested in the tables.
krazyclocks at hotmail dot com
Brian
Old 20th October 2007, 11:58 PM   #7
cfbuck is offline cfbuck  Canada
diyAudio Member

Interested in the Marantz. Sent a note to the admin. Cheers, Fred
Old 21st October 2007, 04:26 AM   #8
pboser is offline pboser  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Interested in the diy mono amp/pre

Could you drop me a line please?
Pete
Old 21st October 2007, 08:05 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to MichaelPublic
Default Vancouver Island also

Hi,
If they don't all go I'd be in for a pair of the Radio Shack/Linaeum tweeters, or put me 2nd or 3rd in line.
I'm on the island as well.
Old 21st October 2007, 09:23 PM   #10
cwujek is offline cwujek  United States
diyAudio Member

Interested in the mono pre and power amplifier. Email me please: cwujek@hotmail.com

Hide this!Advertise here!