FS GAS ampzilla's need repair one gasworks - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th October 2007, 06:45 PM   #1
Kip is offline Kip  United States
diyAudio Member

Default FS GAS ampzilla's need repair one gasworks

I have two units. One is the pushbutton power type and the other is the turn power knob. One was updated by GasWorks and the other is not. I upgraded both two new larger power supply caps. Each unit has one channel blown. The output transistors and the ic that sits between them are bad. I have enough parts to repair one. The other will need this ic and the transistors. The meters worked at the time when I put them away. Should be cheap and easy repair for one channel. I used them as monos each one using a gasworks board. The chassis will need some cleaning up maybe 6/10. These things are going for almost $1k each in pristine condition on Ebay. I would like to get $500.00 for both plus PayPal, boxing and shipping. Again, you should be able to get one full stereo unit and a half of the other working with what I have. I am guessing the last channel will cost less then $50.00 for parts to repair.
Old 22nd October 2007, 06:51 PM   #2
Kip is offline Kip  United States
diyAudio Member

One Ampzilla, with a bad channel, just sold on Ebay for $355.00 plus shipping. I am asking $500.00 for two plus shipping, each one with a bad channel.
I am open to interesting trades, but not too interested in another project, but may consider it if it is complete.
Boxing up both should be $40.00 and then shipping of 65 pounds each from 18960.
These will go on Ebay in about a week.

Hide this!Advertise here!