Allen Organ HC12 Speakers in Austin - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th October 2007, 03:46 AM   #1
Stocker is offline Stocker  United States
diyAudio Member

Post Allen Organ HC12 Speakers in Austin

@ my church there was a fire (aarson)(no I dint do it) and now I have to dispose of 8 Allen Organ speakers, they should all be model HC12. These each have a 15" bass driver, 2x 4" (Peerless IIRC) mids, a 1" dome tweeter and the crossover in a box about 18"x16"x32". The mids and bass drivers were recently replaced and the 15s all together make some truly impressive bass even in a 300 place sanctuary. They were sent away for cleaning and returned last week. The one I looked at looks like it's been handled but the drivers looked ok. The rest are still in shrink-wrap and I haven't looked at them... pictures should be forthcoming after this Sunday.

These are in north Austin, Texas and shipping to anywhere is going to involve several pallets (there is no such thing as <$100 each, for truck freight) and somebody out of town would get truly pwned on shipping. I am willing to part with these around $80 each if somebody will come get them. $600 if you take all 8 (assuming they are all still good).

The church/backstory

The place is rendered unuseable, but most of the PA system survived. The 9 foot kawai has a warped soundboard from the firefighting water. The organ, I don't even want to think about it, but it was being band-aided together one acid eaten circuit trace at a time by one of our brothers who is an engineer, BEFORE the fire. A couple of (brass) horns were lost, as was the antique pedal-and-play organ we had in storage there. The (wood) pews are a write-off I think. The office wing thank God survived, along with the Pastor's library including books he got from his father, some 120+ years old. The video recording/editing station is so much melted plastic, since it was upstairs with the heated air.

The upshot is that we are getting a new system in a new building and the Pastor has given the PA system less the cables to me to dispose of because we recycle electronics @ my job. He said I could do what I want with them, since he doesn't trust electronics that have been in the same room as smoke. The most problematic is this octet of speakers for the organ. If I were single, I would have 8 huge manly speakers in the HT setup the next day but SWMBO forbids! An organ company in Houston didn't get back with me. Last resort, the 15's go into storage until such time as the wife agrees to a 15x8 sub setup for the house

Also available are a few amplifiers that have seen pretty light duty. I'll put up a list tomorrow if there's interest. Serious inquiries, please post here or reply to dxaxvxidxkaxnxnexn AT yxahxoo.cxom
(less the x's of course)

Cheers!

Hide this!Advertise here!