• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

1960 Graetz console stereo like Telefunken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With the wind in my wallet I was out yard sailing a few weeks ago and scored a 1960 (my best guess) Graetz AM/FM/SW stereo and phono home entertainment receiver console. The radio part works on AM and FM but the SW bands are dead due to mouse damage to a coil. Would not be difficult to repair. The mouse apparently did not live in the radio as it has none of the usual left behind clues or smell. SE EL84 outputs. Working magic eye tuning tube. The speaker line up was two ~3-1/2 inch paper cone tweeters (the ones with the brass screw in the middle of the pole piece) and a 6x10 inch (?) oval per side.

This is the set with the brown reverse painted dial scale faceplate, two large ivory colored knobs (one on each side) and row of white pushbuttons along the bottom.

I have removed the 4 tweeters only, as that was my interest. I would now like to find a good home for the rest. Pickup just north of Orangeville, ON, about 1-1/4 hrs NW of Toronto.

$25 ought to cover it. If no takers I`ll yank the chassis and put it on the bay for $50.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.