• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted: 2200uF-4700uF 25V caps with max height of 20mm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks!

I have to work around size limits so that's the reason I post here instead of ordering the parts at Farnell or Digikey.

The caps I would need must not exceed 20mm height and should have a capacitance between 2200uf to 4700uF @ 25VDC and are ideally 10mm snap in types.

Panasonic TS-UP would be perfect, they are available as exactly these types

ECOS1EP332BL
or
ECOS1EP472CL

Unfortunatly no company I know of sells these types, only their 25mm height equivalents.

If anybody could help me to get at least 2 of either it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you very much! All the best, Hannes

Hello

At risk of stating the obvious, have you condsidered, space permitting in laying the capacitors down on their side, or alternatively use the axial type and bend the leads around.

I say this beceause the diameter is nearly always smaller than the height, and I'm sure it would be less than 20mm.

Once again, sorry to waste your time if you have aready considered this.

George

C'mon! All help greatly appreciated!

I shortly considered that, however the large cans are surrounded by other caps and I'm not that happy with that solution.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, but don't worry too much about me, it's not like I haven't any solution ;-)

See I already have the alternative to use a 2200uF cap with 7.5mm lead spacing that fits into that space.

However the pcb has 10mm snap-in holes, so still not a perfect match. And a tad more capacitance like 3300uF would be perfect as well.

But since this is such an uncommon size, I think I will never get these caps anyway.

But I can try nevertheless :D I even mailed Panasonic, hehe.

Thank you very much! All the best, Hannes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.