• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: 2sk60, 2sj18

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cartman,

there are sources outside Japan that offer these devices new, but the price level is horrendous.
On top of that, you need devices with close to identical Vgs, the second number on a VFET.
The Vgs number/class can be one of these numbers : 53-54-55-56-57-58.

The affordable route is to collect used parts by scouting for Sony VFET amp models.
There are still a lot of these amplifiers in circulation and a lot of owners who are not into electronics.
Ocassionally these amps are offered for $20 cash and carry, sometimes in the dumpster for free.
Even if the VFETs are shot there are plenty other candy parts in old Sony TA-models that are worth the expenditure.

Attachments

• 2sk60-sony.jpg
    2sk60-sony.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 583
For what purpose would you need them ?

If you were to need them for replacement, then what Jacco said is probably the only practical route, even not ideal (not new).

If you would like to use them for new projects, then I would advise you to use something else. (Unfortunately the LU1014Ds have also run out at the Group Buy thread, but at least they are still in production.)

I used to have a source who was kind enough to send me 12 pieces of the saem match number (54) to measure. After a quick curve trace of all 12, I sent them all back (they would have cost me 10+ Euro each then). They were just too dated and the characteristics had changed so much that there were essentially little or no match. So even if they still worked then to an extent, I fear they might not stay that way for long.

If you know how transistors (or FETs) are made, then you would understand why they degenerate in the long term, and the degenration process is accelerated by high(er) working temperature (which I suppose you might want to use them at with their TO3 package).

Patrick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.