my tube headphone amp on the auction block - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th September 2007, 08:24 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default my tube headphone amp on the auction block

Well, not really the auction block. The selling block? If anyone's in the NY area, feel free to come by my dorm and give it a listen. I'm right in Ithaca. It sounds pretty damn good except for a nasty ground loop going on with the crappy wiring in my room. I swear, it doesn't hum nearly this much back at home, and the fact that plugging a USB hub into my laptop (which is my source) makes even more hum is kind of discouraging. I can't really use it in this situation and I figure, being the typical poor college student, some spare cash might be handy.

As for pics and specs, you can find them in the forum itself, but I'll just give a couple quick ones right off my Craigslist ad. (PM me if you want to haggle, BTW, I respect you guys more).

Click the image to open in full size.

uses 3 7AU7 tubes, probably could do 6AU7's also. SS doubler rectification with a pretty decent choke and one more RC before the B+. excellent bass response and high frequencies are quite smooth. Unfortunately I haven't put the thing on a scope but someone who has one could probably fine-tune certain part values even more, which I'd love to have been able to do. Everything's point-to-point, if anyone believes it sounds better. Nice Alps 100K blue velvet pot in there.

Let me know if you're interested.
Old 24th September 2007, 08:07 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

here's a little update: price is now $225, which honestly isn't that much above parts. I'd like to move this thing... thanks!

Hide this!Advertise here!